Tuning Steering wheel upgrades

Currently reading:
Tuning Steering wheel upgrades

Nice interior (y), Is that your car jangcy?
It's now:) But it's not with me in UK :(.... I've driven it just once since I got it...still not finish...
Bought from other Panda Club Member (in Poland) to change a little bit and finish, but there is not enough time for everything:(...

When I finish I will introduce her:)

Attachments

• IMG_4808.jpg
    IMG_4808.jpg
    410.3 KB · Views: 59
  • P1010692.JPG
    P1010692.JPG
    237 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_8372.JPG
    IMG_8372.JPG
    271.2 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_8379.JPG
    IMG_8379.JPG
    122.5 KB · Views: 45
For 155/65R13 it's 531.7mm

Attachments

• tyres.JPG
    tyres.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 19
I'm using a leather steering wheel from Autobianchi A112 Abarth. Same shape, but much nicer than the original plastic one. Horn button is from a Lancia. If anyone got an extra 2 inch horn button for Fiat please tell. :)

26022010041.jpg

Last edited:
very nice interior there, I'm going to re-upholster mine next week when I start the strip down.

Did you do the roof lining too? How do you even do that? :D

What engine is that beast running?

Going to be doing something to the roof lining on Charmania soon, will be posting the process so you may want to look out for it. (y)

Going to be doing something to the roof lining on Charmania soon, will be posting the process so you may want to look out for it. (y)

Brilliant!!

My roof lining has got the past 22 years of fizzy drink and nicotine stains on it and it's horrid!

I will make sure I look out for it :)

Are you buying / swapping with another Panda roof lining or cutting one out of a sheet of fabric?

Ha ha...silly thing was i had the same bolts on the micra and forgot to take one off for the panda!!..:eek:

Saw a Abarth cinq on a scrappy lorry yesterday!!

Funnily enough theres an Abarth chinq on a pub car park about 2 mins from my house. Tax expired 2009, most likely no MOT and it's been there a while now.

Might pop a note through the door with '100 quid cash?' written on it.

Brilliant!!

My roof lining has got the past 22 years of fizzy drink and nicotine stains on it and it's horrid!

I will make sure I look out for it :)

Are you buying / swapping with another Panda roof lining or cutting one out of a sheet of fabric?

Well, as it's got chequers on the outside I thought I'd continue that theme on the inside too. I didn't want it to be too in your face though, so have decided to cover the roof lining in grey vinyl fabric but stick squares on it first so that the chequered pattern is all the same colour but shows up in relief.

Well, as it's got chequers on the outside I thought I'd continue that theme on the inside too. I didn't want it to be too in your face though, so have decided to cover the roof lining in grey vinyl fabric but stick squares on it first so that the chequered pattern is all the same colour but shows up in relief.

Nice!

You have deffo got to make a thread on it though!

Actually you could stick it in 'guides'

Nice!

You have deffo got to make a thread on it though!

Actually you could stick it in 'guides'

It will form part of my Charmania thread anyway, but can easily do a guide as well.

If it comes out well (I've never attempted it before :() there's no reason why any shapes or patterns couldn't be made using the same method.

It will form part of my Charmania thread anyway, but can easily do a guide as well.

If it comes out well (I've never attempted it before :() there's no reason why any shapes or patterns couldn't be made using the same method.

haha I'm starting the strip down of the panda today. All the interior and carpet and dash out, then the fuel tank and rear suspension assembly.

I'm pretty scared of the roof lining though, it all looks so...neat! I would't have a clue about where to start.

This is my upgraded momo steering wheel on the y10. Boss from good old ebay.

IMG_4193.JPG

Originally was planning a Strada 130tc wheel but it was looking it age and had been kicking about the garage for too long.

Cheers

Dave

haha I'm starting the strip down of the panda today. All the interior and carpet and dash out, then the fuel tank and rear suspension assembly.

I'm pretty scared of the roof lining though, it all looks so...neat! I would't have a clue about where to start.

You take the pastic popper out that's right in the centre, remove the sun visors, then carefully prise down the lining. It's mainly held up by lugs around the sides that locate above the roof bracing. It is quite fragile though so be careful.

Sorry, getting off topic.

Last edited:

Says Luigi on it, and made in Italy. It is leather bound and came with a fake carbon fibre pad covering the spokes. The pad looked too modern so I've left it off and painted the exposed spokes silver. The black screws and horn push came with the boss adapter kit, I've stuck some brushed alloy look vinyl in the centre of the horn push rather than use the badge with the name of the boss kit manufacturer on it.

Back