Technical Replacing top steering column bush

Currently reading:
Technical Replacing top steering column bush

Hi
I need a little help.

I have a little play at the top of the steering column so have bought a new top bush which should fix it.

Thought it would be straight forward but I can’t seem to remove the steering colm shroud and the control stalks from the column.

- Steering wheel is off
- Have removed the only screw I can see holding
the shroud
- have loosened the clamp holding the the stalk controls to the column, so they slide up a bit then stop, can’t seem to access anything to disconnect wires as the shroud is one piece and is in the way.

Anyone able to give me a few tips on what I am doing wrong.

Thanks

if i remember right, theres 2x screws that hold it in place. one at the very back of the shroud and one under the column switches. if you see a small hole, stick a cross head screw driver in it and see if the screws there ;)

the other thing that can be a pain is the choke cable, but you can pull it through a bit from the slack in engine bay, it only goes through a rubber grommet.

Managed to get everything apart but it’s clear it’s been apart before as many plastic taps cracked or broken that needed some tlc.

The bush came out easily enough and I made a little wooden “press” to fit the new one so that’s a job ticked off and the annoying steering wheel movement is sorted.

I have created a problem with the horn push as the parts is is fracture and brittle - could do with replacing that if I can find one.

Back