Technical Steering Wheel Upgrade

Currently reading:
Technical Steering Wheel Upgrade

Randomlich

Hello,

i have a questiin about the steering. I'm currently the happy owner of an entrylevel panda of 2018.

I have a barebones steering wheel with no controls.

I was wondering if it is upgradable to the one with control buttons on it?

Thanks

Attachments

• 5638172_319720_307i1.jpg
    5638172_319720_307i1.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 33
  • qrsrnzj3u0uxr183yz1kg5geacqpnrve.jpg
    qrsrnzj3u0uxr183yz1kg5geacqpnrve.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 21
What with the air bag and all, changing a steering wheel is more hassle than it used to be. Is it worth it? First check if you have the wiring loom for the controls routed to the back of the existing steering wheel boss. If not then definately not economic.

Im not sure. You would need MES to change the info in the ECU and probably a new head unit. Im uncertain if MES could reprogram this. You may well need a dealer to reprogramme this. I have the controls and they are OK but really not worth the time or effort or a lot of money, I use them for the USB and telephone as these are in built but the majority of the time I revert to the knobs for channel change volume and off / on. Hang on to the money would be my advice. If you do the job and mess something up it could be an expensive exercise.

If you are going to take it to a local dealer for this change… give them a call first. Ideally before you buy parts. I remember talking to the parts advisor at our local Fiat dealer when my car was getting work done and they told me that for liability reasons, their policy was that they don’t touch anything to do with the airbags. I believe anything serious enough to need that was passed to the local body shop and only done with the insurers backing.

Back