Technical steering box help

Currently reading:
Technical steering box help

kevsem65

hello everyone! im new to the forum I found it while researching this steering box issue im having and I need some help. I have the steering box completely disconnected but I cant get it out of the car! is there a trick is there something else I need to remove (starter perhaps?). the car is on ramps do I need to jack up the front to slacken the front suspension? im totally frustrated and spent 6hrs on something that should have taken 2. car is a 78 btw. any help is appreciated. thx kevin

hello everyone! im new to the forum I found it while researching this steering box issue im having and I need some help. I have the steering box completely disconnected but I cant get it out of the car! is there a trick is there something else I need to remove (starter perhaps?). the car is on ramps do I need to jack up the front to slacken the front suspension? im totally frustrated and spent 6hrs on something that should have taken 2. car is a 78 btw. any help is appreciated. thx kevin

Hi, Welcome to the FF.

This is all there is in the Spider workshop Manual.

Attachments

• Spider STeering 1.jpg
    Spider STeering 1.jpg
    486.8 KB · Views: 43
  • Spider Steering 2.jpg
    Spider Steering 2.jpg
    392.5 KB · Views: 40
  • Spider Steering 3.jpg
    Spider Steering 3.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 47
  • Spider Steering 4.png
    Spider Steering 4.png
    374.1 KB · Views: 52
  • Spider Steering 5.jpg
    Spider Steering 5.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 52
  • Spider Steering 6.jpg
    Spider Steering 6.jpg
    422.2 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
thanks I appreciate it! has anyone out there done the job? any practical advice?

Back