General Steal of the decade...

Currently reading:
General Steal of the decade...

Very common on PSA as well...1600 quid for an AdBlue tank,
I seem to remember they were told it was £1200 for the adblue tank, which would have been covered under warranty. So obviously they said “great let’s get it done” and we’re told “can’t, can’t get hold of the tank for love nor money.

They were told a local place would repair it but that would invalidate their warranty…. Hence them giving the car back

I seem to remember they were told it was £1200 for the adblue tank, which would have been covered under warranty. So obviously they said “great let’s get it done” and we’re told “can’t, can’t get hold of the tank for love nor money.

They were told a local place would repair it but that would invalidate their warranty…. Hence them giving the car back
Think 1600 quid with fitting..and about a 4 month wait, just what you need when the car is telling you it's going to refuse to start in X miles.

A lot of the AdBlue systems seem to have come about post diesel gate. Our original "euro 6" Citroën had no AdBlue but later ones with the same 1.6d do suggesting the early ones weren't particularly compliant in real world conditions.

Although at the rate the AdBlue systems and DPFs seem to get removed at I'd be surprised if any 10 year old diesel was compliant..

A pal of mine has been telling me about a Citroën Berlin with DPF and Adblue faults sat on their premises. The Adblue failed and bunged the DPF up, apparently. Told it will be thousands to repair, but nobody can say how exactly it has failed without throwing money at it.

I'm glad I never had anything to do with diseasels.

Standard fix on most makes out of warranty seems to be smash the guts out the DPF, blank the EGR, and map all 3 systems out and then get ready for some weapons grade complaints about not being able to drive in city centres...

So you can basically think of it as the hybrid drive gives just about enough power to turn the aircon compressor.
Or with a bit of re-jigging, that motor could power a small rotrex supercharger 😈

Engine choices are in a sorry state. Not even going to get into the fiery topic of EVs… but diesels, what a waste of R&D and our investment. The small turbo petrols, designed solely to pass unrealistic emissions tests then fall flat in economy, reliability and ironically, real world emissions. Also what a big waste of the last decades R&D and attention.

Had the goals (legislation wise) been more reasonable and incremental, would the engineers of petrol engines have figured something out that was affordable, economical, reliable and kind on the planet?

Back