Technical Starter Issue?

Currently reading:
Technical Starter Issue?

MotoLojo

Not sure if this is a starter issue...but....
I have a 1970 Fiat 500F and it had a bad starter. I purchased a reconditioned one from Ricambio and it was a breeze to install. When I turned the key, the engine started just fine. The car sat for a few days, and I went to start the car and it sounded like the bendix gear in the starter wasn't turning the flywheel. I took the "reconditioned" starter out, and bench tested it...working fine. Re-installed it, and it will turn it slightly, then stop...like somethingn is keeping it from turning. I felt the body of the starter after only two turns and it was hot.

Any thoughts? Yes...it was in neutral, so let's get that out of the way. lol. Thanks in advance for your advice on a fix....I'm stumped.

Not sure if this is a starter issue...but....
I have a 1970 Fiat 500F and it had a bad starter. I purchased a reconditioned one from Ricambio and it was a breeze to install. When I turned the key, the engine started just fine. The car sat for a few days, and I went to start the car and it sounded like the bendix gear in the starter wasn't turning the flywheel. I took the "reconditioned" starter out, and bench tested it...working fine. Re-installed it, and it will turn it slightly, then stop...like somethingn is keeping it from turning. I felt the body of the starter after only two turns and it was hot.

Any thoughts? Yes...it was in neutral, so let's get that out of the way. lol. Thanks in advance for your advice on a fix....I'm stumped.
Assuming the engine can turn easily by hand and battery and leads in good order I would return to sender/seller for a full refund. If it's getting hot so quickly it will soon burn it's self out.

Back