Technical startd the fmic process

Currently reading:
Technical startd the fmic process

well wat have i got my self in for .
i have taken car of the road and started to work on fitting a fmic
wat the hell where the fiat makers thinking when they thought how to fix the front bumper. :mad: (not looking forward to putting it back on)
it took me two hours and a lot of swearing and a lot of hit things with a hammer if you catch my drift.
but still i have finally got it off.
now got to decide where i am going to put the pipes.
any ideas
i was thinking of having it like this 1 or a bit lower

Attachments

• 0907_183843.jpg
    0907_183843.jpg
    231.9 KB · Views: 23
  • 0907_183855.jpg
    0907_183855.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 17
  • no number uno.JPG
    no number uno.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 37
Alright mate, welcome to the wonders of working on Unos :D, ask Biz, Dunc, Tom, etc anyone who owns an UT will have at least one cut or scar due to a rusted bolt, nut or screw and scream all sorts of obscenities down the street out loud when your near defeat lol BUT DONT GIVE UP!!!!!

Ok well you got the bumper off which is a good start, now what you could do is use the existing two holes which are there already like the one in the pic below,(check the pic out) you may have to make the holes a bit bigger. And you may need to have some pipes fabricated also.

:cool: F R O $ T Y

Attachments

• DSC_0155.JPG
    DSC_0155.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
scream all sorts of obscenities down the street out loud when your near defeat lol

Agreed :)

O the Square things that hold the bumper on on the wings?
****ing things **** me off, just replace with normal nut n bolts mate :mad:

Mount it like its is on that orange UT, that one is damm fast!

Frosty, any idea what happend to it??

ah kool frosty think i am just going to have to try to wing it if u know wat i mean .
does it still connect up to the original pipe work just making it a bit longer

Dunc Uno Turbo said:
look at all these tiny fmic's lol Dunc

:D You Fly Git!!! hehehe

Biz said:
Mount it like its is on that orange UT, that one is damm fast!

Frosty, any idea what happend to it??

Dont know mate last i heard Martin sold it and got an EVO and then somebody else sold it on apparently. Dont know where it is or who owns it now but damn it is one of the most cleanest and quickest UTs there is in the country.
We have to find out where it is mate and make sure it stays with TC and doesn't end up in some low life chavs hands!!!!!

uno170bhp said:
ah kool frosty think i am just going to have to try to wing it if u know wat i mean .
does it still connect up to the original pipe work just making it a bit longer
In answer to the question pretty much yeh, i connected mine back up to the original pipework but cos the IC has bigger outlet sizes than the standard ones i had to get two 90 degree silicon hoses which come off the intercooler, these connect to two alloy boost pipes (one one each side) which then connects back to the original boost hoses.
I'll try and get some pics up of mine later to show you how i have mine setup.

Last edited:
so if the tube sizes are differ all i have to get is some pipe which goes down in size eg from 3" at one end and 2" at the other.
im doubting my ic now thinking it is too small , even thou i dont want a big one think this is resonable for now

uno170bhp said:
so if the tube sizes are differ all i have to get is some pipe which goes down in size eg from 3" at one end and 2" at the other.
im doubting my ic now thinking it is too small , even thou i dont want a big one think this is resonable for now

More or less yeah, just make sure all the pipework is really secure and tight with no leaks and whatever you do make sure NOTHING no dirt or anything gets sucked into the intake system or your gona end up with turbo failure like what happened to my hybrid T25 and a heavy repair bill.

As for the intercooler which one did you buy in the end mate? Was it that one from Ebay? if so then it will be more than adequate especially if you got a standard Turbo. My IC is about the same size as the one you showed me on Ebay and since i fitted it to the car it feels so much more powerful on boost than it did before. It will be even better once i get my T25 repaired and fitted, reconnect my 5th injector and run 1.4 bar again. Its only running 0.6bar for now as i'm running the engine in again :(

Remember with the IC mounted in that position your coolant temps may rise slightly as the rad wont be getting as much air than usual so bear that in mind. That IC with a standard turbo running 1bar will make your car feel a lot quicker than standard until you get used to the power and then you get bored and want more boost :D lol

Last edited:
hi it has a hybrid and it is running 1 bar i think need an after market boost gauge really.
got the dyno results of 170 bhp / 180 torque
yes it is that one of ebay hopefully going to get it tomorrow i will post some pics of it.
i probably will go bigger but not yet

well i dont know yet he said he will look into it tomorrow but i bet he thought he would save a pound and not insure it.
that was all the money i have i am unemployed i sold my push bike to do it so now my car is in bits on drive. :cry:

finally its here
wat u think
overal length is 28"
6.25 "high
2.5 "wide

o and do u like my cat

Attachments

• MVC-008S.JPG
    MVC-008S.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 18
  • MVC-009S.JPG
    MVC-009S.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 10
Looks capable of supporting 200bhp without any problems and small enough not to make a significant increase in lag.

Tom

ps I like your cat. lol

Back