Technical Srs airbag module

Currently reading:
Technical Srs airbag module

tonyholbury

Simple question cant find this in the useless Haynes manual, no suprises there

Is it in the dash left right centre on floor or under seat.
Someone please enlighten me
I cant communicate with the module and have tried all the different modules on my NP630 airbag scanner
Can a second hand replacement be fitted and just work??

ps edit the clock spring/stalks has been replaced and the passenger isolate switch repaired (back cracked glued) The Horn now works

Last edited:
yes
no
maybe

my belief is that as long as the replacement hasn't been in accident they just swap.

I believe a proxi alignment may need to be preformed afterwards. Seems random, some do, some are fine without

it will be located fairly low down under the dash. I only have the diagrams for the LHD and that on the floor drivers side (left hand side)

but having never needed to do the job myself, I can't be 100 per cent sure

Last edited:
on the floor, near the centre, under the dash is the normal location most cars.

LHD is on the drivers side close to the bulkhead. I dont know for RHD

never had to find it on the Panda, myself

useless Haynes manual, no suprises there

Doesn't surprise me, either; IMO modern day haynes manuals are all but worthless.

Is it in the dash left right centre on floor or under seat. Someone please enlighten me I cant communicate with the module and have tried all the different modules on my NP630 airbag scanner Can a second hand replacement be fitted and just work??

@typecastboy has changed a lot of these. He'll likely be along soon to tell you what you need to know.

Last edited:
I had airbag issues with a Punto Mk2. A forum member with Multiecuscan.net helped me out and we were able to quickly find the fault - a wire connector under the seat looked fine (and felt fine) but needed the contacts bending to better make the connection. That was years ago so expect the features to be better by now.

IIRC, I later replaced the connector with a better quality type. A quick but reliable work-around would have been to cut out the connector, twist the wire ends together, fold back and seal with heat shrink sleeve.

Last edited:
Its on the floor, raised central bit behind the dash in the middle. Crawl into the footwell, peel back the bit of carpet and it's held in my three 10mm bolts. Two easily accesible from the passenger side, the other needs to be got at from teh drivers side. Remove the panel and with the battery earth disconnected for ease of access unplug and move out of the way the two elecctrical connections. The other one is, as you're lookig aat it, the front of the car on the right hand side. A pig to get to.

When I put them back, I leave that one out.

Its on the floor, raised central bit behind the dash in the middle. Crawl into the footwell, peel back the bit of carpet and it's held in my three 10mm bolts. Two easily accesible from the passenger side, the other needs to be got at from teh drivers side. Remove the panel and with the battery earth disconnected for ease of access unplug and move out of the way the two elecctrical connections. The other one is, as you're lookig aat it, the front of the car on the right hand side. A pig to get to.

When I put them back, I leave that one out.

Thanks for this. Does the gear shifter cover panel need to come out or do you mean it's in beneath the (UK) drivers side fuses, etc. A couple of pictures showing where to start looking would be really handy as I have not found these on my cars.

No, it's on the floor in the middle as far to the front as yoou can get, right behind the bulkhead. See the picture here which is a left hand drive car but as you can see this is the only panel you need to remove in the drivers footwell. You can see in this picture the two airbag plugs that you need to undo and move out of the way to get to the final bolt.

Attachments

• R.c290631f9ed133e2b9e9093fdbf24662.jpg
    R.c290631f9ed133e2b9e9093fdbf24662.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 417
Back