General Sporting from ireland!

Currently reading:
General Sporting from ireland!

where abouts in Solihull do you work?

It was Auto Italia there yesterday so lots of knowledgable eyes and ears to use for advice lol!

Im glad Fiat cust services are good, when I had a problem with a Renault they tied me up for so long in letters and phone calls we did end up in court...

Here's my brief story to confirm why Fiat/Alfa CS are excellent: Bought an ex-demo GPS 1.9 on 10/8 & discovered the front N/S bumper had been re-sprayed with a slight colour mis-match. I immediately notified the suppying dealer & Fiat CS UK. Within 48 hours I was authorised to get a local bodyshop of my choice to respray - which I did. Cheque by return post!

I bought the ex-Alfa Romeo UK Brera (unseen, over the telephone) on 5/9 having been told it had 2 brand new tyres by the Director of the dealership. That wasn't the case... When I got the car home (200 miles) & looked carefully over the car I realised something was amiss. 'Phoned the dealer & spoke to the salesman who handed the car over to me. He told me they had swapped the 13,300 mile worn fronts to the rear then put the 1500 mile wheels/tyres off their demo car onto the front of mine. I spoke to AR Customer Services in Turin & within 3 days I had a brand new pair of rear tyres fitted by AR at home. They even let me keep the worn pair as spares. AR Turin even 'phoned me from Italy 30 mins before the fitter arrived - then later in the day to make sure I was happy! You won't get better service than that - & I've had several BMW's, Audi, Porsche etc over 33 years, & never seen CS like this! The new UK Fiat/Alfa CEO is making a hell of an effort...:D And I think it will work for them.

What swayed me from German cars (no complaints) was that my wife bought a 6 month old ex-fleet Fiat Bravo in 2001 & put 99,000 trouble free miles on it until we traded it this summer.

Last edited:
right here is an update:

i called motorpoint after sales this morning, they were pretty shocked and didnt know what to to! They said they would call me back. 2 hours later i get a phone call from the general manager of motorpoint. He was very appologetic and offered the following options:

1. a full refund, my old car back and financial compensation (unknown amount)

2. Keep the dodgy 1.3 sporting and have financial compensation (unkown amount)

I rejected both offers and put to him that he should source me a new 1.9 gps to replace the dodgy one. He said he would call me back by the end of the day, it 17:48 no call yet! He seemed to take the option i offered him well and said he would do it if he could find one!

I will not accept a refumd unless the compensation at least covers the extra tax, insurance and travel expenses which is around £400, but i would be pushing for more like £1000 compensation cos then i could buy a new GPS!

Also they have sold 2 more exactly the same and i was the first to complain, i wonder if they will tell the other buyers! WARNING IF YOU HAVE JUST BOUGHT A GPS FROM MOTORPOINT!!!

Last edited:
right here is an update:

i called motorpoint after sales this morning, they were pretty shocked and didnt know what to to! They said they would call me back. 2 hours later i get a phone call from the general manager of motorpoint. He was very appologetic and offered the following options:

I rejected both offers and put to him that he should source me a new 1.9 gps to replace the dodgy one. He said he would call me back by the end of the day, it 17:48 no call yet! He seemed to take the option i offered him well and said he would do it if he could find one!

I will not accept a refumd unless the compensation at least covers the extra tax, insurance and travel expenses which is around £400, but i would be pushing for more like £1000 compensation cos then i could buy a new GPS!

Also they have sold 2 more exactly the same and i was the first to complain, i wonder if they will tell the other buyers! WARNING IF YOU HAVE JUST BOUGHT A GPS FROM MOTORPOINT!!!

I'd go for replacement car (in the colour you want seen as you had to have black or red last time) and maybe compensation or tax,fuel etc instead

right here is an update:

thought they would be accomodating.....

give them a call tomorrow, and see if they've found you a 1.9 yet (y)

feel sorry for the others who have them and don't realise... if they keep them long they may not be able to sort it! hope they turn up on here....

latset is that i have taken the gps back to motorpint and they are lending me a 1.6 megan on their insurance and tax until they find me a new gps. They also gave me a full tank of unleaded with it, worth £50. I the general manager called me today, they still have not got me a gps yet but he has found 3 he is trying to accire (worryingly from ireland again) i obviosly warned him to check the engine number out lol! I will let you know anymore major developments!

Back