SPLITTING headache

Currently reading:
SPLITTING headache

I have one pre out in the stereo and need to put 2 inputs into the amp. I've heard about phono splitters and Y-cables but the ones I keep finding are for household audio. Can you point my in the right direction.(y)

Yeah sorry, I meant a pair (same difference).

I've got it sorted now, my mate works in motor world so got a pair of splitters for a fiver;)

Sounds great now with speakers amped, my mates just had an exhaust fitted and came zooming past me, 1.6 saxo VTR (chavmobile) He said did you hear my new exhaust, my reply was simply, "couldn't hear your over the bass mate (y)

I've got another question now.

Now i've amped my speakers, using new speaker wire obviously. What do I do with the origional speaker wire still connected to the headunit? All i've done atm is tucked it back away and taped the ends over with electrical tape. However are they still being powered and is this a fire hazard?

dont worry about it. if all speakers are now running off the amp, you can disconnect the speaker connector behind the headunit.

Still got a pair of speakers running off the HU so I don't know which wires to unplug and which to leave. Is it dangerous to leave them connected whilst they are not in use, even if they are taped off?

Back