Small Split in my 6x9's

Currently reading:
Small Split in my 6x9's

kingdazza11

Hi there, on one of my 6x9's in the center bit (which normally vibrates) there is a small slit.

Will this make a difference when i am playing my music, will that 6x9 when its vibrating make a weird noise?

Do you mean the bass cone. If so then it depends on the size. In theory the cones ability to produce its desired frequency could be reduced and the extra flex in that area could weaken the material around it.

Fix it with a blob of araldite or it might get bigger then eventually render the speaker useless.

Will that be okay to put on the speaker??

If i press down on the split its actually a small tear, I hope it doesnt effect the speaker!

Amp is worth about £30 max i would say. Also does your friend not know the difference between € and £.

Here it is new for less than what he is asking
http://www.4wheelplay.co.uk/alpine-mrpt220-channel-power-amplifier-p-25002400.html

Sorry to not make it clear, that gumtree advert is not my mate, I was just using that as an example of the amp i got from my mate

I picked up the amp and pioneer 6x9's from him for 50, and hes going to wire it all in ect for me.

Back