rca splitting

Currently reading:
rca splitting

Toshk

Well basically I have one rca output on my head unit and I already have that powering an amp with two 6x9's. I know that if I want to connect a subwoofer I would need to usa a rca splitter but that will cause a loss in quality.

Question 1: How noticeable will the quality drop be??

Question 2: Is there any way around this like getting a special rca splitter which splits the signal wthout loosing the quality, like a powered rca splitter?? (probably doesn't exist but worth an ask)

Thanks

The loss of quality will be fairly minimal especially considering that a lot of amps do boost the power a bit on their own RCA out.
It does also depend on how hard you push the amp as well as sometimes pushing them can cause an increase in loss of quality from the split signal.
I have used something called a Vibe delta box which seems to do a good job at powering and splitting RCA's.

Last edited:
Thanks, if I do do get a sub I will conect it up first and then if it doesn't sound good get what you said. Just really wanted to know if somehting like that existed.

Are there any other makes which are cheaper as the cheapest I found of the one you said was 80 pounds on ebay.

ok, thanks.

Will message you if I need it.

Thanks again

A straight split using Y adapters will do the job although there will be a slight loss in quality. It wont be noticable though unless (as already said) you push the system very hard.

One way to go about it will be to use an equaliser with multiple outputs. Can be bought pretty cheap if your not fussed about brand names and will do the job perfectly. Plus, you get the ability to have more control over how everything sounds.

Last edited:
Forgive me if im wrong but the only line driver that takes 1 set of RCA's and outputs in excess of two under £100 is the Boss audio one which i dont believe to me much cop.
All the others that i know of are only meant for line level or cost in excess of £150.

I got one a few years ago off ebay for around £20 new. Worked perfectly well for a year or so until I sold it on with the car. Was a 5 band half din jobbie with one pair of line in and 2 line outs. I cant remember the brand.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LANZAR-IN-DASH-5-CHANNEL-CAR-AUDIO-HALF-DIN-EQUALIZER_W0QQitemZ400050227198QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item5d24da07fe&_trksid=p3286.m63.l1177

something along the lines of that will split the rca output and alot more.

Or if it stays at that price -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/kicker-iq900-9-band-eq-preamp-in-car-graphic-equaliser_W0QQitemZ320374027224QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Audio_TV_Electronics_In_Car_Entertainment_GPS_Car_Speakers_PP?hash=item4a97c7b3d8&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

Cant go wrong with that. Alternativly, I can do Kicker equalizers that would be suitable from around £45 upwards depending on the spec.

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
I really wouldnt touch Lanzar :yuck:

As for the kicker i have never used it but wouldnt mind giving it a go. Uno do you sell Mobile Audio then.

I sell all sorts of car goodies, one being audio.

Lanzar stuff will do the job if all you want is the RCAs split. The kicker stuff, however, will be of a much better quality.

As said, the equalizers start around £45 for a simple hi mid low jobbie with a single input and front/rear outputs upto around £150 for an all singing, all dancing multi output jobbie that can do the ironing aswell.

I can post up some specs if you like :)

Back