Speeding!

Currently reading:
Speeding!

guess not lol.

but as a younger driver i'm happy to say i have no accidents and no points! although only just been able to afford my own insurance am just beginning to earn my no claims - watch me speak too soon. :rolleyes:

However, for the last 2 and a bit years i have been driving the stilo and whilst driving the car is great fun - i have never been in a position where i've felt the car is too powerful for me.
Lucky you. I spent so long with the 1.2 because I knew I would kill myself in anything faster and I'm well on my way to proving that point :bang: There are a lot of teenage cocks out there who do quite a good job of hitting things/ people in a small car, let alone something faster.

unfortunatly you cant beat the stats.as it is the younger drivers are a greater risks.
we have had many threads on this,just look at beau being pulled by the police &having a crash a few days after passing his test.
these are the types hiking insurance policies for everyone.
same as your job & address having an effect.that doesnt take into consideration you as an individual

Look at Beau yes, I was 19 when I passed and I never done something like that in more then four years. I've been hit though but never crashed on my own.

I learned in a Ford Focus which I beleive was a 1.4 or 1.6. My first car was and still is a 1.6.

Maybe learners should be taught to drive in more powerful cars say, minimum 1.8 petrol with rear wheel drive. If the fear doesn't keep them off the road then maybe what they learn behind the will will keep them on the road and out of ditches.

If you treat one treats their own car which they paid for like their favourite toy then they would probably be less likely to crash it. They paid their own hard earnt money for it (providing they don't sell drugs) and its their own so they will hopefully treat it with respect.

When people get donated a car or a car bought for them its probably a case of "well if I crash it I didn't pay for it anyway"

You know how many girls I see scream when they turn on a car engine? People who are scared of the car, should never be allowed to drive. Imagine driving in fear everywhere. You be too busy concentrating on anything but what you should be concentrating on. Its not like a spider which you can ignore or run away from. You need to be with the car so learn to get along with it.

Look at Beau yes, I was 19 when I passed and I never done something like that in more then four years. I've been hit though but never crashed on my own.

I learned in a Ford Focus which I beleive was a 1.4 or 1.6. My first car was and still is a 1.6.

Maybe learners should be taught to drive in more powerful cars say, minimum 1.8 petrol with rear wheel drive. If the fear doesn't keep them off the road then maybe what they learn behind the will will keep them on the road and out of ditches.

If you treat one treats their own car which they paid for like their favourite toy then they would probably be less likely to crash it. They paid their own hard earnt money for it (providing they don't sell drugs) and its their own so they will hopefully treat it with respect.

When people get donated a car or a car bought for them its probably a case of "well if I crash it I didn't pay for it anyway"

You know how many girls I see scream when they turn on a car engine? People who are scared of the car, should never be allowed to drive. Imagine driving in fear everywhere. You be too busy concentrating on anything but what you should be concentrating on. Its not like a spider which you can ignore or run away from. You need to be with the car so learn to get along with it.

but you cant make rules for everyone thats fair for everyone.
learning in a powerful car means littlei n the real world under instructed driving.

your not going to change someones crazy driving by letting them learn in a more powerful car.

you can debate what should be done all day but youngsters can crash in a 999cc car easily enough.more power just increases the chance of it and lessens the time they have to react

This thread has given me some seriously good laughs.
I passed my test in 1960 and still drive, some might say slightly recklessly, (the wife does) but for the past 18 years I've been doing it in a country where other drivers expect it, not some namby pamby country where overtaking is frowned on.:D

OK, under the new system here, it doesn't pay to exceed the speed limit on roads with radar or cams, the fines would make your eyes water in comparison to those applied in the UK!

The minimum speeding fine is about €200, (140 quid approx) but you get 30% discount for early payment.:eek:

I haven't lost any points................YET!

Back