Technical Speedgear problem

Currently reading:
Technical Speedgear problem

aweh

I have a Punto Speedgear W reg and the gearbox warning light flashed on a few times.
I have drained and replaced the FIAT CVT oil and the filter but the problem has returned.
Any relevant experience appreciated.
Thanks.

Either its leaking, or its about to die.. (n) does the soleinoid that clicks when stationary after you apply the brake to make sure that you have the brakes on before you engage drive also clicking when you brake at speed by anychance? if so could be throttle switch, only other thing i can think on is light flashes for oil overheating but the most common cause is the switch pack on the gearbox. If the gearshift is operated slowly it can be detected as a fault and the error occurs, better off taken it to a fiat dealer to read the fault codes...

Either its leaking, or its about to die.. (n) does the soleinoid that clicks when stationary after you apply the brake to make sure that you have the brakes on before you engage drive also clicking when you brake at speed by anychance? if so could be throttle switch, only other thing i can think on is light flashes for oil overheating but the most common cause is the switch pack on the gearbox. If the gearshift is operated slowly it can be detected as a fault and the error occurs, better off taken it to a fiat dealer to read the fault codes...

sounds like i got the same problem fiat dealer said it was fault code p0705 any thorts

P0705 - transmition range sensor circuil malfuction (PRNDL input). sounds like a sensor fault rather than geerbox itself.

Thanks for all the replies. in case someone finds the thread after these months, I should have completed the story that it was a fauly wiring connection to the warning switch - simple really!

hi. i have same problem on y reg nr punto 2001. where is located the warning switch please ?

hi. i have same problem on y reg nr punto 2001. where is located the warning switch please ?

Seems very unlikely to me that there can be such a switch and you are picking up a post from 2009.

There have been a few posts here recently about getting gearbox light coming on the speedgear cars. Problem can be related to earth faults maybe at the back of the car where the speedgear is connected to the rear brake lights and brake pedal switch via the body computer. If you turn on different lights at the back of the car and other lights are dimming too much and coming and going flashing and what not, it can show that the earths are not very good and need to be cleaned up or repaired.

Back