Speed Cameras - Essex

Currently reading:
Speed Cameras - Essex

Dr_Pepper

What's the worst that can happen?
There are currently no cameras on derestricted roads in Essex at all. But now cameras are going up in two locations on the A12 in both directions near Kelvedon, and Westbound on the A127 near Basildon. Signs are up already on the A12.

The 2 mile stretch of A12 has witnessed 2 deaths and 4 serious injuries in 17 serious crashes in the last year.

Meanwhile Essex already has more cameras than any other county.

Hmm.

You have to have a minimum of two deaths in 2 years for a speed camera to be erected.
Sounds like this was the case!

It is a dangerous piece of road, I saw a 3 or 4 car pile up there once, nobody hurt then I don't think.

It's the same bit of road they are constantly resurfacing too. More hold ups on the way to Colchester.

According the the article, tests have shown that on that road, 40% of all cars passing that point are exceeding 70, with 15% exceeding 80.

I know that doesn't answer the question but it does go to show.

It is true, A12 is notorious for that, most of them are off up to Harwich/Felixtowe. It's dual carrigeway most of the way but to be honest, when I pull out doing 70/75, There's someone right up your arse straight away.

To me, if someone's doing over 80, it's their fault if they go into the back of a lorry. But lorries are to blame too often, it's also a bendy bit of road for a dual carrigdeway. They know it's dangerous and the Armco has been replaced by uprated wire barriers because the central reservation is small.

Haha you'll have to speed up a bit, I have but it's quite small!

Back