Technical Spare Parts Needed

Currently reading:
Technical Spare Parts Needed

RobHowdle

Evening all,

Me again...

So a piece of a grass looked at me dirty and I decided to hit it with my car (not what actually happened) - Plenty of plastic damage and some of that irritating damage too. I need some parts and I've tried eBay, AutoDoc, buycarparts.co.uk etc and my last resort is going back to the manufacturer. I have the 2018 5 Door Fiat Tipo Estate for the new comers.

Below is what I need:
- Top Grill
- Bottom Grill with that weird removable part
- Left and Right Headlight
- Impact Bumper
- Washer Pump

I've been able to secure a bumper, I got one on eBay for about £130 - it is a 2015 model bumper thought so my lower bumper grills on the side don't quite fit but it was either that or nothing at all. The headlights are a bit of a nightmare as it's mostly the plastic damage where the clips and fixings are etc. If I was able to just get those then the lights are fine. My impact bumper is folded like a pretzel, I'm aware these are not legally required but I'd rather have it to be on the safe side. Some of the parts I'm finding are either a ridiculous price or they're all out of stock and nobody has a clue when they're coming back into stock.

Oh and for those who are following my on going saga about the front anti-collision sensor, I gave my dealership the model number of it and they've said it's costs around £800+ for a sensor that tells me to brake. If I needed a sensor that told me to break I don't think I should be behind the wheel of a car...

If anybody has any idea where I can get compatible parts I'd be very grateful as I'm stressing quite a bit about it now. The bycarparts website took over £400 before coming back saying none of the parts that their site told me would work with my car will actually work and the ones that will work are triple the price, out of stock and they don't know when they're coming back so my only alternative unless anybody else can help out would be to go back to the manufacturer via SG Petch. The only delays they have on those are the headlights it seems.

Anybody have any thoughts or shall I jump off the cliff now? haha

Thanks
Rob

Hi Rob,

I would look on Shop4parts.. they use Italian aftermarket suppliers of good quality nrw parts.. worth phoning and asking for specifics ( sometimes get a Forum Discount)

Best FIAT service Ive had is from the 'partsworld' website.. its related to a major chain..and often seems to have decent reductions

Headlamps..clip repair kits are sold on ebay apparently

Ebay italy could be worth a look for smaller items

Let us know how you get on

Charlie

Thank you for the reply Charlie.

I've contacted both Shop4Parts and Partsworld. I actually saw an entire front end on eBay for 2 grand. Front bumper, wings, radiators, all the grills, mud guards, impact bumper and sense, the part that goes under the engine to stop all the stuff splashing up etc. Only issue was it's a 2017 and it says it's not compatible with my 2018 which I question because I've bought a 2015 bumper which is supposed to be compatible with my 2018 although with that I now have to get the same 2015 grills etc so I've contact them and asked them about it. Hopefully I get somewhere!

Thanks
Rob

Just an update. Looking for further things on eBay, I have found a few more headlights that claim they're compatible. After the carry on I've had with that buycarparts where their website said parts were compatible with my car, I've ordered them and suddenly they're not compatible, the only ones that are compatible are the super expensive ones that are all entirely out of stock and they don't even know if they'd be getting them back in stock - I've learnt not to trust these compatibility checkers now so I've emailed over the OE Numbers on both the lights to see if they'd fit. Annoying that so many sell lights single and not as a pair, then means when somebody wants to buy both they have to get both from different people in different conditions. I guess if you only need one why would you buy the other one I suppose.

I did look at the clip repair kits however the lights I have the clips are all pre-moulded into the back of the light itself so there is nowhere really to attach new clips or anything which is a shame.

Unfortunately things like bumpers thend to be only from moan dealers unless it's a popular model like the 500 worth the time for a 3rd party to make
Absolutely agree. Tons of Fiat 500 things out there. If only there was a plastic company can could easily manufacturer them in the UK but sadly wishful thinking more than anything else.

Got one email back about the headlights, sadly the company I contacted doesn't stock the headlights I need typically. Joined a fiat tipo group on Facebook too (first time I've been on facebook for a few years) and one guy on there seemed to be pretty good at identifying parts. Sent him all the numbers on my light and can't identify the light which is weird. I wonder if is maybe a weird case where they've just thrown any parts on or maybe the parts haven't been labelled etc. I need to find a website where I list what car I have and it just categorises all the parts for me and what OE Numbers are suitable. I find it hard to believe that for my car there is only one light apparently that fits my car and the image of that light looks nothing like the light I currently have...

Morning all,

Update. I spotted a 2017 Tipo (Diesel) in Sunderland last night. Plenty of miles on the clock as it's an ex-taxi. Back breaks are a bit questionable, whines in reverse and the drivers seat came off the rails but for 2K for instant sale that gets me to work it's ideal. I'll be stripping the parts off it to put on mine then eventually doing this car up so hopefully all my issues would be sorted!

That sounds like a plan.. (y)

What engine in the Taxi .??
It's actually a 1.2 Diesel, got about 152K on the clock, the drivers seat is partially off the rails which makes it feel like a really old rollercoaster, when it turns left you lean right etc. Back brakes are down to the metal so I was going to swap them with the ones from my 2018 but when I took the back wheels off, due to it not being services in about 2 years, the back brake pads and discs are very low so really not worth doing that at all. Might as well wait until that one is fixed and then get new pads and discs. Going to be a lot of money and a lot of years, Shop4Parts came back with a quote of about 2500 inc vat. Vat is awful as when I added up the cost excluding vat, there is a whole thousands pound purely in VAT!!!

Back