Technical 2017 Tipo Estate Diesel Advice needed

Currently reading:
Technical 2017 Tipo Estate Diesel Advice needed

RobHowdle

Hi all.

Need some advice. Whilst my 2018 Tipo is being repaired I bought a 2017 Diesel Estate which was an ex taxi. Had about 156K on the clock. Bought for 2K from somebody and had some work done to it with the intention of selling it after my other one is fixed. The bearing for the turbo has gone and the car is struggling now, barely any pull in it at all. Took it to a garage and they said I'd need a new turbo.

I've priced a turbo around the £700 mark but my dad said if we did an engine swap, he found an engine for about 1500 but that would then reset the mileage, it replaces the turbo and everything else. That would mean I've spent close to 4K on the car in total with the other bits and I'm just in two minds whether I should just get a new turbo or go through the full engine swap. Does anybody have any thoughts or advice?

I don't get the comment if we replace the engine it resets the milage?

It absolutely does not you can not change the millage in a car because it has had a new engine fitted

As to if it's worth doing or not depends on the condition of your current one if it's all good and good compression figures I'd just say fit the new turbo as the other engine will still have a turbo with however many miles on it

Back