Technical some help please

Currently reading:
Technical some help please

richierush

Hi everyone
about 6 months ago i purchased a fiat scudo 1.9d on a 51 plate. It has 125,000 on the clock and has until now ran like a dream however today twice its started to splutter and lose abit of power then go back to normal again, is this a sign something is on its way out my friend says scudos are prone to fuel pumps breaking. Could it be this? Any ideas on prices inc labour. Is it worth just getting it done before it dies completly any info would be great as i know nothing about vans and cant afford to be ripped off but on other hand need the van as am self employed thanks in advance

1st thing i would try is changing the air & fuel filters, could easy be water in the fuel so be sure to drain the filter bowl before putting in new filter. The usual symptom for the pump is that it cuts out without warning so i think you will be ok.

1st thing i would try is changing the air & fuel filters, could easy be water in the fuel so be sure to drain the filter bowl before putting in new filter. The usual symptom for the pump is that it cuts out without warning so i think you will be ok.
thanks very much i will keep an eye on it and change the filters at weekend lets hope thats all it is, ive completed about 200 hard miles the last two days and its completed about 6k since its last filter change i just asked the bloke i bought it off
So fingers crossed thanks again

i had the same problem changed the fuel filter
and it seemed to sort it out
mines a 99 1.9 td
with galactic mileage on it
but its still going

Hope might help,at least to make it behave.
Start the van,let it run up to temp,under the bonnet rev the engine by hand,look at EGR diaphram in front of that is another one linked by a short piece of pipe this operates a flap on the inlet,does the arm move when revving the engine,mine did and i had really bad running problems,if this arm moves it is in effect starting to restrict the air flow to the engine,with engine off mine was in fully open position.do you really want restricted air flow?
Off the flap diaphram a much longer pipe extends to some sort valve/switch?
mounted on the bodywork,i removed this blanked with a bolt in the pipe.
took it for a run, now runs like a dream.no misfire,no lack of power,starts first time every time hot or cold,
Try it,
If any body can tell how and why this sorted it i would be grateful.

Back