General So Who Has Actually Ordered One?

Currently reading:
General So Who Has Actually Ordered One?

I'm hoping there will be a 'cancelled-order' 500 (or two) soon somewhere in the UK.
If there is I assume the dealer would simply re-sell them to someone else.
I would certainly go and have a look.

I haven't ordered one because I personally I think it is essential to test-drive one before I buy, but many people aren't so cautious as me. Many in the UK placed orders without driving the vehicle and without even knowing the price.:cool:
If this hypothetical-unwanted-500 is a 1.2 Pop or Lounge at Stoneacre Scunthorpe in the very near future, you just let me know and I'll be up the A15 right away for a look and a test drive YoungSyd?(y)

KevinB
Lincoln.

I'm hoping there will be a 'cancelled-order' 500 (or two) soon somewhere in the UK.
If there is I assume the dealer would simply re-sell them to someone else.
I would certainly go and have a look.

I haven't ordered one because I personally I think it is essential to test-drive one before I buy, but many people aren't so cautious as me. Many in the UK placed orders without driving the vehicle and without even knowing the price.:cool:
If this hypothetical-unwanted-500 is a 1.2 Pop or Lounge at Stoneacre Scunthorpe in the very near future, you just let me know and I'll be up the A15 right away for a look and a test drive YoungSyd?(y)

KevinB
Lincoln.

No probs ill get my better half to keep her ear to the ground for you.

Cheers

Which are the 420 wheels out of interest?
Fiat_500_wheels_420_16.jpg

Regards,
Tony.

both are mine are defo' in build now and im getting them on the 21st.

So when did you order then?

one of them was ordered through registering on the Fiat 500 website fiat500.com, so that was direct with fiat September maybe

The other one is a dealer ordered car, i think again around september deposit and outline spec was placed. then october/november finer details sorted.

I flew down to Turin to get our 500 - having paid the full amount for it, not even knowing if I was going to get a car at all!!

You wont be dissapointed, its a great little car and a joy to drive. I have done over 700 miles in ours this week and still feel like jumping back in it for a blast - only the someone else has buggered off in it now and I cant :mad:

At Simonstone yes.

But when I arrived it was not available to test drive.(n)

And to add insult I was informed that the car will not be delivered until March at the earliest.

I have to admit to being pretty bloody annoyed at the moment & maybe takinf a trip over to MINI iver the christmas break if I get no better news.

You can't all get them for 21 Jan its not possible, it was never possible. We been through this before.

The most honest dealer opinion I had (I think, it hard to detect bull sometimes) was that many 500s should come lateFeb/March, not all 21 Jan.
Then the guy spoiled the illusion for me by saying his customers were all happy to wait for 08 registration. That suggest to be he hadnt actually told his customers.
All happy? I dont think so.:cry:

My advice to him would be tell his customers this weekend (leave messages on answerphone where possible) and take a few days off for crimbo til they calm down a bit.:devil:

Mines hopefully going to be ordered today/tomorrow. Test drove it yesterday, it was the 1.4 sport, dealer just gave me the keys and let me have a run out on my own in it (y) Loved every minute of it, was a bit scared though of someone knocking into me!!!

Si

I oredered mine mid Dec from Nottingham deeler. I spec'ed out a Fiat 500 pop1.3 diesel in Nova White, grey/ivory interior ACC, 15" multispoke Blue&Me and 50/50 rear seats. Im toying with putting chrome kit on as I cant tell if the pop comes with the chrome exhaust not having seen a pop in the flesh and the web configurator shows one but I dont beleive it ! Mine is apparently at build 10 for a mid March delivery so fingers x'd but I guess its all going to depend on the test drive post 21st.

I oredered mine mid Dec from Nottingham deeler
Sandcliffe Nottingham salesmen are known for tellin whoppers more often than most but mid march sounds a realistic delivery date jake.

No test drives with sandicliffe til 21 Jan?
Normally they'd sell their granny for a few biscuits.:cry:

I guess its all going to depend on the test drive post 21st.
Why does it depend on the test drive jake? have you said you only want it subject to it being ok when you have test driven in?
If so will you lose a deposit if U have paid one. :eek: (Sorry if I am being a nosey cow now)

I paid the deposit with the agreement that it was refundable. If the car drives rubbish and I don’t want it I expect to get my deposit money back !! It also a bit rubbish (not the dealers fault) that if you were after a 1.2 car no dealer has one in his demo stock to test and I haven’t actually seen a POP version yet so I have no idea that it actually comes with I'm just guessing.
No one should be expected to part with cash without having had the opportunity to test the merchandise first. I’m sure it wont come to that the rh car I sat in was solid and looked great but I will see how it drives when I arrange a test drive. I hope I won’t agree with James May though !

Back