General So Who Has Actually Ordered One?

Currently reading:
General So Who Has Actually Ordered One?

Youre talking rubbish, the 126 was hardly unreliable, I never had one fault in 9 years. Many people will tell you similar, yes the BIS was rubbish but not the aircooled. Theres hardly anything to go wrong with one. It wasnt about design or advanced mechanicals, it was what the East of Europe needed, a cheap to make, buy and run car. It was honest and robust... all cars from the 70s and 80s rusted anyway. Anyway, youve obviously read a lot of books so you must be right.

I bet your missus looks like Kelly Brook as well!

No doubt these many people will soon be posting on the forum to support your view, I wouldn't hold my breath though.

my missus IS kelly brook:)
most people on here dont even know what a 126 is, let alone owned or driven one... what Ive said is true, I have owned 3 and you havent... you just have an opinion which happens to be wrong, live with it:):)

I've owned one. I owned it long before you owned yours... (so I have seniority here on that point alone :p) and it was crap..... end of lol (y) It did start my love affair with Italian cars though so I'm grateful for that.

Until you have had the spectacular misfortune to drive a 126 through drifting snow you will never appreciate the true meaning of the phrase "brown trouser moment" :D

I am going to join in in this 126 debate - A 126 'Brown' was my first car back in 1986 and 8 Fiats later (with a few other makes in between) the 126 still holds a place in my heart somewhere! Yes it has all the faults you guys point out, but I am with Nuovapanda, it had character - in a 2CV sort of way. The new 500 will sell loads like the new Mini, but they appeal to a different type of customer and not the type that bought the originals. Good luck to Fiat though with the new 500 at least it is still made by the original manufacturer unlike the new Mini, I hope the 500 stuffs the Mini sales well and truely. it will be great to see lots of Fiats on the roads again.;)

Hmmmm, interesting. I ordered one a couple of weeks ago (put £500 down) but was only asked to specify engine, version & colour!? Ordered a 1.2 lounge in black, and will be adding 16" wheels, side, front and rear skirts.

How come so many of you have been able to specify everything???

Well I had to order the engine & trim in September.

Then about 4 weeks later I had to order the options.

Was told back then I was in the initial pre order batch that will be delivered Jan 2008, yesterday was told that it may be March!!!!!!!

If that's the case I'll just have to cancel as I need a car & I'll be ordering a MINI Clubman which is a shame as I really want the 500.

Not been that impressed thus far with the information I have recived, only through here did I find out about the HiFi upgrade not being available, my dealer never thought to let me know.

Yeah i had fun on Monday trying to find out the tiniest bit of info - about splitting rear seats!!

When i put a deposit down the dealer was clueless about prices and options etc which was annoying. In some cases, i knew more than him and all i'd done is read whats on the net!

So i asked Fiat, who werent sure, and had to ring the reading dealer, who knew more than anyone! So why does my dealer know so little i wonder?? I was told that my car was "on the system as an order", and the reading dealer (who i called in the end and questioned) said Monday was the cut off for the first batch of orders!! All so confusing and un-necessarily secret!

Honestly guys, I do feel for you regarding this cock up, but thats Fiat for you, theyre always like this... as Ive said we old Fiat bods are used to this kind of treatment.
Dont get a new Clubman though, now there is a real ugly car... at least get the normal mini.

Asked the delaer (different person again) today if they are honestly ecpecting the cars to be as late as March.

"Definately not" was the reply.

Although he let slip that the release may be delayed until the end of Jan, which is coincidently when he said he honestly thinks the first customer cars will be delivered.

It is looking like the end of january for cusotmer orders but I know they are pushing them through as fast as possible so you never know..

It is looking like the end of january for cusotmer orders but I know they are pushing them through as fast as possible so you never know..

Simonstone actually called me with an update..........

Apparently they have put the "finishing touches" (whatever that means) to my order & the car is DEFINATELY in the 1st batch they get, so I'm guessing that means late Jan.

I also here the launch has been delayed 'till the end of Jan, perhaps to coincide with customer car deliveries.

We haven't heard anything about the launch date changing but you never know with Fiat..

To get the thread back on topic:

Today I ordered:

Pasadoble red
1.3 Mjet diesel
Sport
Red/Black leather seats and trim (£600)
18 spoke 15" wheels (£100 option on Sport)
Auto climate control (£250)
Leather gear knob (£50)
Chrome kit (£100)
Rubbing strip with silver 500 badge (£70)
Italia flag on wing (£? couldn't find it on price list).

Delivery anticipated March.

NOW I'm excited.

Tony.

Another person who's been able to order their car properly, with options all specified! Why not me when i placed mine 3 weeks ago?

Am i the only one who's ordered one who hasnt been allowed to specify anything but the flippin engine & colour!??

Mark - you've ordered from Simonstone - have you specified all your options??

Back