General So Who Has Actually Ordered One?

Currently reading:
General So Who Has Actually Ordered One?

Mark - you've ordered from Simonstone - have you specified all your options??

Yes I have.

When I ordered the car I just had to specify the Trim (POP) & engine (1.2).

I was then told they would call me to let me know when they needed the rest of the order (colour, options)

The bugger me, if I wasn't sitting down for teat at 5:58pm one Wednesday evening when I got a phone call "Hi Mr Elvin, just to let you know we'll be needing the rest of the details of your order soon, well when I say soon I mean by 6pm tonight as I'm off tomorrow & the orders are being faxed of then"

That focuses the mind pretty well, although I have managed to add a couple of bits since that time. Just think of it as a way to get more time to make you mind up.

Well blow me, who have i just had a call from....!???

The Fiat dealer! "Hi mate, ringing to say we can place the order for your car today so need to know your final choices"

How wierd!!!! Just awaiting a call back on pricing and avialability on wheels. Now i feel happier :)

All placed now. Had to ditch the skirts i planned on having cos they added a grand!! Upgraded the wheels which means i'll have to wait a little longer but thats not too bad. Looked much better with the 17 spoke wheels.

He did say that the RHD ones are in Portbury docks, arrived a short while ago, and he'll have one on the forecourt in about 10 days (that'll be xmas day then.....) and he's going to invite me over for a drive in it when he has it.

Ordered my 500 in early Summer and finalised spec last weekend:
1.4 Sport, Pasadoble Red, 16" wheels (420), fixed glass roof, italian flag badge on wing, chrome kit, side mouldings, park sensors, climate control

Chassis number already assigned, build date early Feb, estimated arrival at dealer 18th Feb. Replaces Stilo jtd 3dr

Does anyone know if the side mouldings with badge are factory fit or after market? My dealer is swearing they're after market, but I'm sure they're factory fit and am concerned if he doesn't add them to the order, I won't get them.

PS - Sean, if you have the 420 alloys, it's most likely your build will be delayed to March / April according to info over on nf500 forums, and from a conversation I've had with my dealer; I've had to change back to 15" to avoid this.

Yep, skirts/mouldings are dealer fit & paint. I ditched mine due to the cost, but the dealer said they put them on as i can have them fitted any time in the future if i wanted to.

Hi Mark - yep, they'll have a 1.4 sport in just over a week aparantly! I've made sure they know i want a drive :D

Thats exactly what i thought when he told me on Friday!! I suspect he means between Xmas and New Year

OK here is a situation...

The dealer eventually gets the Demo car in stock, and you have paid your deposit for your new baby...

Then when you drive one, you dont like it, would you get your deposits back?

Im not nit picking, just wondering how many of you have only ordered on what you have seen, not touched!

TA!

Last edited:
OK here is a situation...

The dealer eventually gets the Demo car in stock, and you have paid your deposit for your new baby...

Then when you drive one, you dont like it, would you get your deposits back?

Im not nit picking, just wondering how many of you have only ordered on what you have seen, not touched!

TA!

Buying a car without seeing it happens all the time. As long as you do some research on it and are happy with the results then why not?? All the reviews for the 500 are glowing, so I dont see any problem with ordering without seeing, I have done just the same (once before with another car) :slayer:

Back