General So it finally happened :'(

Currently reading:
General So it finally happened :'(

Ahh man! Sorry to hear this!

Just when you thought all was going well! (n)

I don't suppose Auto Glym have anything for it? :eek:

On a serious note,
Hope you can get it back to normal once more! Need to see this lovely twin before you even think of selling it! :yum:

When you feel a little calmer, try to consider how it happened.
Was the car reversing from a drive opposite, in which case he should be easy to find.
Is there any paint on your car from the other vehicle, to give a clue to its colour.

After a collision it is a legal requirement to stop and exchange details. This has not been done. If the other driver was unable to exchange details, he is legally obliged to report the collision to the police. He may have done this, but the police will not come looking for you with the good news. As your vehicle has been involved in a collision, and no details were exchanged, you should also report it to the police today. Must be within 24 hours of the collision. The perpetrator commits an offence if he does not report it. So if he is later identified, he can be prosecuted.
Report the matter to the police, then if the other driver does the same, then they will advise you.

Is this on a quiet road, or a busy one? If a quiet road, the damage is likely to have been done by another resident, or regular visitor. Have a walk up the road and see if you can spot a car with damage that might match yours.

You might try a flyer drop. Create a note on the PC, along the lines of "last night between the hours of ... & ..., my orange Punto car was hit by another vehicle, possibly a 'colour' one (if there's paint evidence). If anyone has any details please contact me at... or phone ..." Make four from each A4 sheet and pop them in the letterboxes along the street. Both directions, they could have been arriving or leaving. If you think this may help.

Looking at the damage it looks like it has been caused by kids pratting about on the street on bikes and scooters. Leaving me helpless to find out who it was. I have asked around locally as I'm quite pally with a few people in the street (my mates street not mine) I get the usually "your cars mint" and find they are quite friendly and take care around it (usually). Since the incident a local woman has told me to park in front of her house as her dog barks at anyone who goes near the cars outside her house which is nice of her so I have now parked it there where the bottom scrapes across the kerb :L
I have decide to put it in winter mode and put my fiat wheels back on and remove any easy to remove mods ie lights pedals and such. I am really heart broken about it.

Thank you all for your advice and kind words.

Not selling anything until my heads sat on straight. I'm still raging :Z
The most favorite part of my car (now) is the wheels. I'm so glad they didn't get damaged or some people may have lost windows I would have stood on the street throwing bricks at everyones windows :D (bit extreme lol) just to make sure I got the right person.
Just want them off so they are safe. As soon as I have a job and a steady source of income I will be looking in to finally picking up a wrx with the one and only mod (until insurance comes down at least) being a mega sensitive alarm. The type that you sneeze within 400 yards and it goes off type of alarm lol.

As soon as I have a job and a steady source of income I will be looking in to finally picking up a wrx with the one and only mod (until insurance comes down at least) being a mega sensitive alarm. The type that you sneeze within 400 yards and it goes off type of alarm lol.

nah you need one of these

accoly_xi_l319_rtc8159.jpg
one of these

ZW943GuardianGearRetractableReflectingLeadsRed.jpg

with one of these on the end

guard2.jpg

Last edited:
Mines around 7 colours of orange didnt notice when i bought it until i tried to sell it

Lad at work just bought a 55 plate Audi a3. He loves the usual fiat jokes (this coming with his last car been a chavved up old shape fiesta ). Did I take great delight in telling him his bonnet on his Audi was a different colour to the rest of the car :devil:

Here are the photographs of the damage.

This one is before i touched it can clearly see it made a mess whatever has hit it :'(

I went over it with some cutting paste and compound (and dual action polisher) to remove the scuff marks best i can. i looks better but still very noticable and has left a nice grove and ripple throgh the door :'(

Looking at getting one of them moble repare people to come out and take a look even if they just get rid of the scratch it will be less noticable but i still wont be happy and its money i cant afford to be putting in to unnessasery things right now.

Jordan.

it doesnt look half as bad as it did! you did a good job. I hope it doesnt cost much to get the scratch out :/

Cheers mate its the fact its put a ripple in the pannel that bothers me most because that would mean it needs filling before paint. When i get the bloke/woman (gotta be political these days) to come out and quote it im gonna see what they reccomend in terms of filling and the diffrence in price then i might ask if i filled it myself would they still paint it blah blah blah... lol

i still cant bare look at it iv not even cleaned it today and its dua a wash. find myself on ebay and auto trader looking at scoobies again.

Jordan.

yes we do have to be PC. Yeah i know when getting things sprayed if you do the prep it is normally cheaper. If you do it you should save money! I have done that many times when i have been fed up with mine, im sure you will get it sorted mate.

Ross

Just wanted to say it doesn't look half as bad mate since you have worked on it, may be it is something you can now 'live with' until you source some cash bud.

All the best! (y)
Stephen

Just wanted to say it doesn't look half as bad mate since you have worked on it, may be it is something you can now 'live with' until you source some cash bud.

All the best! (y)
Stephen

unless i get a really good quote i will as you say "live with" it until the car is sold or i get a job or some work in :rolleyes: *cough cough*

all i have ever wanted from this car is for the paint to be good as it is such a great and rare colour but clearly we cant have things we want in life because theres always someone out there who can do nothing but destroy and wreck the life of others! it's what makes this world so great :mad:

Rant over

Jordan.

unless i get a really good quote i will as you say "live with" it until the car is sold or i get a job or some work in :rolleyes: *cough cough*

all i have ever wanted from this car is for the paint to be good as it is such a great and rare colour but clearly we cant have things we want in life because theres always someone out there who can do nothing but destroy and wreck the life of others! it's what makes this world so great :mad:

Rant over

Jordan.

Absolutely gutted for you mate :( :( I didn't even get chance to see it in all its glory... I'm sure it'll be fixed by the time I get to see it though and you'll hopefully be loving it again!

Even with that door it still looks a hell of a lot better than most GPs I see! Don't give up now mate, just get by and what your budget allows for and you can fall in love again once it's sorted :)

Absolutely gutted for you mate :( :( I didn't even get chance to see it in all its glory... I'm sure it'll be fixed by the time I get to see it though and you'll hopefully be loving it again!

Even with that door it still looks a hell of a lot better than most GPs I see! Don't give up now mate, just get by and what your budget allows for and you can fall in love again once it's sorted :)

Just look at it from the other side lol

Cheers mate.

So sorry to read this mate. It was only a couple of days ago i was commenting on the splitter thread about how great your car looked. there are some real b4stards out there, we have kids playing in the street around my way and im a bag of nerves every morning lol, dredding what im going to find.

Hope you can get it sorted out affordably mate.

Back