General So it finally happened :'(

Currently reading:
General So it finally happened :'(

Someone has hit my car :( my pride and joy...

All the money time and effort iv poured in to it and someone hits it then drives off.

:'( I'm sue it won't be long before I sell it now been nothing but a jynx since the day it followed me home.

Pictures will come up when I can get the courage to look at it.

Jordan.

Someone has hit my car :( my pride and joy...

All the money time and effort iv poured in to it and someone hits it then drives off.

:'( I'm sue it won't be long before I sell it now been nothing but a jynx since the day it followed me home.

Pictures will come up when I can get the courage to look at it.

Jordan.

Ah Fcuk mate really sorry to log on and read this mate, cant believe they just drove off (well I can) b4stards!

Is the damage front, back or side mate?

As I say really sorry to hear this mate I am gutted for you its not nice to read of anyone on here especially our little GP section, that we have all took time to look at and comment on each others "Pride & Joy" being hit or having a bump etc.

Chin up mate any chance of any cctv footage of the incident?

I hope it wont cost ££££ to fix mate if I can be of any help give me a shout mate :)

Regards
Stephen

Cheers for the support guys such a great community we ave here. No CCTV footage in the area its private houses no shops and no one local has CCTV.

Damage is to the drivers door. (worst place cause I have to look at it every day) its about as big as my hand with the usual scuffs gouged and dents probably 3 - 4 hundred pounds worth of work as the whole door would need sanding filling and painting :'( words don't describe how angry I am. I was thinking of selling it soon for 3.5k and getting a Grande van so I can stay on the forum and start up my own business. Now ill be lucky to get 2.5k I think.

Might see if i can px it for a van. And sell the wheels and what not.
Was just about to buy a lines splitter too.
Don't know what I'm gonna do at the moment need to let the feeling settle before I choose what to do.

Thanks again guys.

Jordan.

Keep your spirits high mate, the value shouldn't reduce that much from a damage repair!
I know how you feel, someone scratched an x into my old punto and i ended up selling it because of it, which seems extreme but i lost all love for it after it happened :(

If you need anything buddy just give me a shout.

Yeah that's how I feel atm mate never had much luck with this car anyway but I had just got it to a point where I was happy with the paint I'd had the bumper replaced touched up all the stone chips even sanded out some scratches. I'm gonna polish it cut it to see if any of the scratches lift out but its not gonna disappear. My heads a shed at the min would have felt better if I knew who did it so I could get it sorted. I'm out of work at the min and the job center is crap and don't pay people who have paid taxes all there working life so a repair is off the books I'm afraid.

Literally heart breaking reading this mate, I only saw it in all her beauty the other day. Absolutely gutted for you, is there no way to catch the ******s in question? Can't stand the British public sometimes! It's infuriating!

Your fiat family are here for you man!!! Thought thick and thin we need to all come together and make this a crime scene! Fiat forum vigilantes

Jokes aside feel for you massivly man

Sam

Thanks guys.

Andy I have just been pm'd by Stephen with a link to a breaking orange Grande bit as we know the orange grandes have a tendency to be 50 shades of orange but would be better than its current state.

Sam I know what you mean mate there are some w***ers out there. You should feel special to be one of the last to see it lol. How's the spoiler?

Adam that was my face when I saw it :'( I know how you felt when that fence hit your car now mate.

Jordan.

All I can offer you is my condolences. I fear everyday that someone is going to hit my car and I know how much we all love our grandes/fiats on this forum. I treat mine like it's my own son so I can only imagine what your feeling

Nothing I can do to help but stay positive. I know it's a cliche but it could have been a lot worse. If it's only the door and no other panels then at least it's recoverable and that's the way you should look at it. Chin up and keep us informed! Best of luck and hope you have some luck finding who did it :)

Aww man! That majorly sucks... Gutted to hear that! It's one of my biggest fears as well that I'll walk up to my car one day and see any sort of damage... Especially as i park on a small road everday!

Hope you get it sorted mate and it's not too £££ for you... Keep your head up buddy!

I know how you feel Jordan, its happened to my GP 3 times now.

After the second time i got chipsaway out to have a look and when the guy arrived we noticed someone else had hit it earlier the same day :bang:

Didnt bother having the paintwork done in the end as i was so annoyed.

Ive got a couple of numbers for decent local dent removal people if you think it could help?

Its a fact of life that unfortunately most people dont have any respect for other people or property

There are a lot of people who simply don't care about their car and can't get their head around the fact that others do. I frequently see people opening their door onto the next car in car parks and also 'parking by feel' in the streets of Victorian terraced houses where I live. I'm glad I have a garage.

Hopefully a dent repair guy will sort you out, it may not be perfect but you shouldn't see it unless you look for it.

It's hard to explain the damage but its like a crease rather than a dent the crease has a big paint scratch down it (though the base coat at least) then under that is like a swirly scuff going across and down. I'll get a picture when I can but I'm know where near a pc for the next few days.

Thanks for all the kind words guys.

Jordan.

It's hard to explain the damage but its like a crease rather than a dent the crease has a big paint scratch down it (though the base coat at least) then under that is like a swirly scuff going across and down. I'll get a picture when I can but I'm know where near a pc for the next few days.

Thanks for all the kind words guys.

Jordan.

Doesn't sound like it can be pulled out then. New door or fill and spray it is.

Back