Snow!

Currently reading:
Snow!

People driving too slow in many cases, not throwing the snow off the roads, but then theres the ones who go too fast and create hell for everyone

yep, folks driving too slow was pretty much the case although to be fair the sheer volume of traffic on the road meant no-one could travel anywhere fast. I think everyone had the same idea of using Parkhill thinking the HGVs would have cleared the snow for us and consequently we were all in the same place at once on icy rods.

it's white out there this morning and the radio already says it's chaos getting into town. I think I'll work from home for an hour or so and then head in on the back roads

It's snowed all morning and there's nothing to show for it except on the hills. Oh well, it's not like the commuters round here can cope with it anyway. 30 mph on a completely clear A-road is damn frustrating when you'd been previously travelling at 50-60 on an untreated unclassified back road

Martyn said:
Lots of snow oot Alford way. Fun drive home lol

No snow my way boo so much for my snow tyres want to have some fun in the snow with the panda

Couple pics of last night, me rescuing my mate who sunk a bit with his hilux?

The first pic is when i got stuck, truck bellied on a drift and i lost traction.

That looks freakin' awesome. Not that I'd go anywhere near it lol

According to the radoi it's chaos once again trying to get into Aberdeen so I'll leave it until a bit later before going in

Apart from a small queue to get into the city the roads were clear for me too. It certainly pays to wait until the idiots are off the roads especially when you still get into work not long after those who chose to leave at their normal time and sit in the traffic :smug:

I bet you're glad it's warming up slightly this weekend then. No heating in snowy weather is miserable - did it last year so you have my sympathy. Is the boiler completely kaput?

I think I told these "jokes" on here when my heating broke

Q. What does an Aberdonian do in cold weather
A. Sits round a candle

Q. What does an Aberdonian do in very cold weather
A. Lights the candle

I didn't quite resort to candles but I kept the laptop on whether it was in use or not as it warmed my legs up :D

Alloys are back and all cleaned up ready to go on the car on Wednesday and I've got gardening supplies being delivered that day too Guess what is now forecast...

No need to thank me folks :laugh:

Yeah, there was some on the ground in newmachar the other day, i was sooo dissapointed that it didnt lie, get deeper or stay..

Back