Snow thread

Currently reading:
Snow thread

Of course it snowed on the day my work were due to get a big group photo taken outside our old premises before the move to the new ones :roll: We're a tough bunch though so it went ahead regardless of the weather.

Bbbrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Minor thread bump,

I'm away working at Roy Bridge on an estate 10 miles into the hills, just north of Fort William this week, and I believe there is snow in the area...

I'm all packed up with a waterproof snow suit type thing, waterproof breeks, offshore jackets and gloves.. and I will bet I'm still freezing :lol:

Rather you than me... Have fun :lol:

The snow gates at Glenshee and Tomintoul have their first closure of the season. Hope it's a sign of things to come for them as a good skiing season will bring in some much needed money to the area.

Snow warning has moved again unsurprisingly. We had a bit of sleet this morning which quickly turned to torrential rain and that was it. Very impressed with the Rainsports though so thanks to everyone who recommended them :D

Won't be any snow... wintry showers at best I'm afraid... will let yous know as it comes over here first ;)

I'm guessing you're still over on the west coast then...

And yeah I suspect we won't see any snow but I'm hoping my early start on Friday will invoke the law of sod :D

Aye, came home over the lecht today and was bitterly disappointed... to be honest there was nothing from Kingussie to here. It must all be from Fort William down through glencoe

The snow at Brae Roy estate (and every other Hill in the land) is forcing the deer down the hills so the can graze. This morning I caught this big lad round the corner from our bothy. Inc antlers he is about 7 or 8 foot tall.

The estate doesn't have mains leccy off the grid so has to produce it's own. Back in the 60's they built a small dam up the hill feeding a turbine in a shed beside the house. The turbine generating electricity obviously.

The pipe is now beginning to show its age in places and bursting. And I'm up helping to replace the next section requiring fixing.

Once you start lugging 25kg bags of aggregate and cement up the hill, it warms up slightly :lol:

Back