the poll- Snow, how has the country coped so far?

Currently reading:
the poll- Snow, how has the country coped so far?

how has the country coped with the recent snowfall?

• everyone has done as well as can be expected

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Shite. No other word for it.

Local/Central Government response was completely and utterly useless, so poorly/not gritted roads coupled with people not driving for the conditions = fail.

Lorries on the road during the worst of it = fail.

I dunno. I used to think Scotland was a country that could deal with snow. Clearly we can't.

i've voted for people have done better than authorities

the level of stupidity from drivers is far lower than any other time i've seen tbf. just as well when we have councils who send gritters out that arent actually gritting or ploughing at any point.

drivers in general have helped each other too and done more to help keep things moving than the people who's job it is.

well imo, who could have predicted this amount of snow was going to arrive this early in the year?? thats right, nobody! considering this, i think everyone has done the best that can be expected tbh, councils were caught out, people were caught out, but this is the worst weather we have had at this time of year for 20 years, nobody was prepared for it and forecasters can only predict a few days ahead accuratly

I still remember driving home from Perth - when every other car sitting bumper to bumper behind me. It's idiots like that who then go flying on up the road, end up in the central reservation/a ditch/stuck. Or, when the roads are clear, sitting at 15mph then loosing momentum, then getting stuck. I think most folk could use a refresher in snow driving - and this is probably it.

The gritter drivers - you have to feel sorry for them. They're fighting a losing battle, it's the people in suits in offices, looking out the window going 'auch, they'll cope' that grind my gears. You can only cut back services so far before they become over-stretched and, effectively, a waste of time, money and effort.

Shocking but some of the public are dam useless to start with aswell.

Only today as the plough been on my estate, nice of them to do when the sun comes out to melt the sodding stuff

Jodie said:
Shocking but some of the public are dam useless to start with aswell.

Only today as the plough been on my estate, nice of them to do when the sun comes out to melt the sodding stuff

i know what u mean, the folk round here all panic and used the same amount of salt that could be used for an entire road on a tyre width strip no longer than 3metres
plus the fiat showed up a couple of BMW's

KieranB said:
i know what u mean, the folk round here all panic and used the same amount of salt that could be used for an entire road on a tyre width strip no longer than 3metres
plus the fiat showed up a couple of BMW's

Same here, funny how when they show the effects of the roads on the news, its only bmws and audis they show with them waving about unable to move

Sooo Kieran we'll just get you to clear the roads for us in Perth next year then.... with the work's digger... (LOL)
As for RWD's..... in this wether their mad, like when I was walking back to the M90 through Bridge of Earn, saw an M3 getting stuck, just sitting there wheel's spinning.
In the snow 4wheeldrive comes into it's own, but FWD is alos pretty good in this wether.
Let's face it we all manged to get out of Travelodge, with varying degrees of difficulty it must be said, i.e. Steve getting towed up the slope, with the tow rope on his Strutbrace.

So for Perth nxt year, the people we need to ensure come are:
Richard with the X3
David with the Defender
Kieran with a Digger.

Venters said:
Well I got out the travelodge on my own. RWD and not being a ****ing tool. Should introduce a compulsary snow test, cant pass it don't get out to drive in the snow.

Thing is Stu, unless People do the Snow test in somewhere like Sweeden, then how they going to do a Snow Test??
Where & when did you go to a Travelodge recently Stu??

Back