Technical Snapped Window Cable - ELECTRIC

Currently reading:
Technical Snapped Window Cable - ELECTRIC

FAP911

My daughter has accidentally snapped the rear LHS window cable ( RHD vehicle 2013)

I have got the door trim off etc and can now see a snapped cable - Is the setup for the 2013 cars the same as the older models

Can you just replace the cable on the electric setup ????

or

Do you need a whole new regulator system ????

Any advice would be really appreciated and where do I buy from please

Cheers

Last edited:
My daughter has accidentally snapped the rear LHS window cable ( RHD vehicle 2013)

I have got the door trim off etc and can now see a snapped cable - Is the setup for the 2013 cars the same as the older models

Can you just replace the cable on the electric setup ????

or

Do you need a whole new regulator system ????

Any advice would be really appreciated and where do I buy from please

Cheers

Hi :)

Lack of use means this can be an issue..
Thats why they get a mention in GUIDES..FAQ's :eek:

But not many are electrically operated

Half are 3 door ;)
My 2012 is electric up front.. manual in rear

Have you compared the part numbers?

Look on Fiatdalys if you are struggling

Spoke to the dealer and you have to buy the whole assembly for $700 Crazy

Thought it might be possible to re cable it - Hoping someone may have done it before

Just found one in Australia complete assemble S/H for $187 Appears the orange clip is broken so just need to be carfeul getting the old one off to swap

Appreciate your responses

I bought a cable off ebay for £4 I think for mine. Although mine is a manual window. If the cable length is different it may be harder to an electric window cable. They're a bit fiddly to do. Also did one on my laguna for £3 and a few pence a number of years ago. I would try to source a cable if I were you.

Hth, Simon

I've done a few of the "family fleet" over the years and always bought wire kits from ebay. All have been cheap to buy and worked fine but all have been pretty fiddly to do. On one I had to reverse the scroll wheel supplied before it would drive the wire correctly and some of the fittings had to be reused so you need to be "adaptive" in your thinking. Worth doing though as the savings, over buying built up units ready to just swap out, are significant.

Take care also to check out the window guides. Almost without exception everyone I've done benefited from removing the window glass, being cleaned and then dry lubed with a silicon spray. These days I give all the car window guides a silicon spray at service time.

I've noticed that corrosion of the wires on the older cars is a real problem and I'm not really sure what can be done about that unless you're into removing the door cards regularly and spraying the wires with something like WD40 etc?

Back