Technical 2013 Dualogic Punto Electrical Problem (Aux, 12V. Radio +)

Currently reading:
Technical 2013 Dualogic Punto Electrical Problem (Aux, 12V. Radio +)

Arran95

Hi guys. New here so bare with me.

Ive owned a 2013 Dualogic Punto easy+ for 2 years now and ive had some funky electrical issues ever since i acquired the car

Below is the timeline of events:

1. When i first got the car it had been sat for a year without use in a private garage (it was in immaculate condition in and out and all previous services have been clean)

Naturally the battery was completely dead and couldn't even be revived with a charge so that was replaced with a new battery.
seemingly at this point that car was absolutely perfect

minus one thing.... The 12V Lighter port thing thats never really used anyway. That never worked. In the time ive owned the car thats never functioned.

That perhaps should of been an early clue.

until about 2 months ago that was the only thing that didnt work on the car. however there has ALWAYS been some kind of parasitic power draw on the car.
If the car hasnt been actively driven at LEAST every 3 days, by the 4th day the battery will be completely flat. To the point where if you try turn over the car it tries and fails and then it doesnt even hold enough power to lock/unlock the doors.

This obviously is a massive problem. For the last year plus ive had to remove and charge the battery at least 20 times. I also tried a portable jump starter but that also failed to start the car after 2/3 uses.

Up until this point my assumption has been that maybe the 12V fues blew. Potentially when installing the new battery when i first got the car. and up until now that had been causing the power drain. But is that realistic? would a blown 12V fues and whatever thats connected to cause a big enough drain to completely flatten a full battery in 3 days?

Now less than 2 months ago, the cars radio just stopped working. And what happened is the car was typically dead having sat for 3 days without use. and when i returned to the car to install the charged battery there was a slight spark and smoke when reconnecting the battery terminals.

i remember being told once that if the battery sparks like that its a near guarantee a fuse has blown somewhere. But that was from an electrical friend of mine and im not sure how true that is.

so now theres no 12V no radio and im assumimg the AUX is blown too however it is still light up so maybe not.

the funny thing is now the radios blown the parasitic draw seems to have decreased in severity massively.

i returned to the car after not driving it for a week fully expecting it to be dead and it started no problem.

so the radio breaking seems to have fixed the other issue.

currently im assuming the 12V and the radio fuse are gone. but given how bad of a power draw there has been on the car. im not sure if that would be only a fuse issue.

could it be something deeper im unaware of?

I could change the fuses but if theres an underlying problem wont they just blow again?

How bad is this problem?
Thanks guys - Sorry for the Essay

Back