Technical Gear Cable Linkage P/N for 2012-

Currently reading:
Technical Gear Cable Linkage P/N for 2012-

agisthos

Can any of you guys help me find part numbers for the gear cable linkage (both of them) for the 2012-onwards Punto. Standard 1.4l 8v motor with 5 speed gearbox.

I am in Australia and Fiat Australia has changed all their part numbers to internal ones so you cannot do a search and find an OEM alternative. Nothing comes up for their part numbers. Why would they do this? Because they want $550 for each cable (320 pounds in your money) so a total of 640 pounds for both cables.

So I am finding it impossible to accurately identify the part numbers. The car still drives in 2nd gear so cannot take the current cables off to look as I plan to drive it to the garage once I have the parts.

Can any of you guys help me find part numbers for the gear cable linkage (both of them) for the 2012-onwards Punto. Standard 1.4l 8v motor with 5 speed gearbox.

So I am finding it impossible to accurately identify the part numbers. The car still drives in 2nd gear so cannot take the current cables off to look as I plan to drive it to the garage once I have the parts.

Hi, Welcome to the forum.

There are several different versions of each of the 2 cables. If you want to send me your VIN in a private message, I'll check the Fiat parts catalogue for the correct numbers.

According to your VIN, the part numbers you require are 55250323 and 55253955
Ducato Gear Cables.JPG

Thanks so much for doing this Davren. I definitely would have purchased the wrong cables without this.

The no 1 cable is for side to side motion in neutral, and the no 2 is for shifting into gear, correct?

For any others with the same issue, here is an image showing the two cables.
#1 is the side to side in neutral. #2 is the gear in/out cable.

Parts In Motion sent me the wrong cable for #1 (First Line brand), but it did not matter as I just needed #2.

fiat-punto-gear-cables.jpg

Back