Smart cars?

Currently reading:
Smart cars?

I just filled it up to the top with premium unleaded for £24.37 from empty.

Ah -- but how many mpg does it do? ;)

Not to try and take the shine off your new little toy, yet... -- but I was so thrilled that it only cost me £53.46 to fill up my Punto (with unleaded), when I bought it, with the fuel warning light on...! (This, after usually taking around the £75-80 mark, to fill up my old 4x4 with diesel, from never less than a quarter full....) :eek:

What still keeps me happy is that the Punto averages well over 40 mpg, compared to the Isuzu's 25.... :)

Have fun...! (y)

Last edited:
:yeahthat:

Anything less than Tiramisu II and I'll be disapointed for you!

I was going to take some pics but my son came home from work, left me the Stilo and took my new little car! He was going to Essex and didnt want to fill his car up lol. So maybe tomorrow. Its black and silver btw. The inside is a scary blue plastic, blue carpet and orange fabric which I am gradually getting used to :rolleyes:

I need to find a name that suits it now...

Get a Non Fiat Members motors thread started :D

want to see what colours this is

Ill start one when I have the pics. Its nothing special, Im not spending hours cleaning it and showing it off like I did with my Stilo, this was purely a money saving thing but I am starting to see other advantages:)

The inside is a scary blue plastic, blue carpet and orange fabric which I am gradually getting used to…

I need to find a name that suits it now...

I would suggest "V*m*t"... (that's not the guy from Harry Potter, neither...) -- or, perhaps, "Tangerine Nightmare"...? ;)

Whoever spec’d that, when new -- even though the outside sounds quite tasteful... -- was obviously colour-blind...! :nono:

PS: I have a friend who can only see in black-and-white (well, greyscale, to be accurate...). He once bought a people-carrier in the most amazingly shocking, lurid, bright yellow. You could spot it in any car-park from miles away....! :D

I would suggest "V*m*t"... (that's not the guy from Harry Potter, neither...) -- or, perhaps, "Tangerine Nightmare"...? ;)

Whoever spec’d that, when new -- even though the outside sounds quite tasteful... -- was obviously colour-blind...! :nono:

PS: I have a friend who can only see in black-and-white (well, greyscale, to be accurate...). He once bought a people-carrier in the most amazingly shocking, lurid, bright yellow. You could spot it in any car-park from miles away....! :D

Yeah you have to wonder who it was that decided those two colours not only went together but belonged in a black and silver car LOL. As names go, Smartie is a bit too obvious but she does look like a packet of smarties, you know when they were doing the NBS (new blue smarties)?

I'm glad you're happy with your new aquisition. I'll tell you what my sister-in-law's smart has gone in to the garage for when I find out next week. It's been in over a week.

I have driven them before and find them a hideous contraption with the aforementioned lethargic gearbox and the worst ride this side of an armoured vehicle, not to mention the.....what? You've already bought one?

Ah, in that case I'm sure you'll be happy with your paragon of engineering perfection that's totally in tune with the current economical and ecological climate.

Phew, think I got away with that one.

I'm glad you're happy with your new aquisition. I'll tell you what my sister-in-law's smart has gone in to the garage for when I find out next week. It's been in over a week.

I have driven them before and find them a hideous contraption with the aforementioned lethargic gearbox and the worst ride this side of an armoured vehicle, not to mention the.....what? You've already bought one?

Ah, in that case I'm sure you'll be happy with your paragon of engineering perfection that's totally in tune with the current economical and ecological climate.

Phew, think I got away with that one.

The thing to understand is that the less I pay on insurance, tax and petrol the more I have to spend on clothes and shoes, perfume and stuff for my house - and I dont do public transport. I also now have the perfect excuse as to why I cant take my eldest son to Ikea to buy a kingsize mattress, do a car boot sale, or take him, his pregnant wife and two kids to Thorpe Park for the day. He told me I was being selfish - he doesnt drive.:devil:

You’ll have to take him* to the Smart Festival now at Brooklands in October.

*Wolfgang – on account of his grey coat or
*Little Willy – on account he’s small … & German.

Looked in on BCA Measham today checking-out some Alfa’s - & there was a 54 ForTwo 0.7 Brabus in black 40K mls, went for £3.05K + fees.

You’ll have to take him* to the Smart Festival now at Brooklands in October.

*Wolfgang – on account of his grey coat or
*Little Willy – on account he’s small … & German.

Looked in on BCA Measham today checking-out some Alfa’s - & there was a 54 ForTwo 0.7 Brabus in black 40K mls, went for £3.05K + fees.

If I go to any shows it will be with the remaining, (and more attractive of the two), Stilo. Now you mention it, it does have a male energy about it, even with the gay interior. Maybe I should call it 'closet';)

Little Willy – on account he’s small … & German.

"Smart" in English, translates to some wonderful German words... -- amongst them...
klug; schlau; pfiffig; schick; schnell; gewitzt; flott; schmuck; zackig; flink; schnittig; superklug; zügig; blitzschnell; Schmerz...
Not so sure any sound particularly "male" and/or "gay"; but I quite like "flott" for a pink/orange/blue small car... (although, as I remember, they do quite make a "pfiffig" sort of sound, whilst waiting for a gearchange to arrive...)! :cool:

PS: I think Caravadossi is on to something.... Rock me, Amadeus...! (y)

Last edited:
Back