Technical Slow to start the first time.

Currently reading:
Technical Slow to start the first time.

smart51

Established member
Some good news for a change. I've fixed a problem. Since I've had it, that car has had to be cranked for 10 or 15 seconds before it fires, the first time it is started. Subsequent starts fire up straight away. I'd put it down to having to re fill the carb. Someone on here suggested jubilee clips could be the problem so 2 days ago I swapped them out. And 2 days in a row, it has fired right up the first time. Yay!

I bought a new fuel pump in case it was that but haven't fitted it yet. Should I fit the new pump or keep the old one?

Some good news for a change. I've fixed a problem. Since I've had it, that car has had to be cranked for 10 or 15 seconds before it fires, the first time it is started. Subsequent starts fire up straight away. I'd put it down to having to re fill the carb. Someone on here suggested jubilee clips could be the problem so 2 days ago I swapped them out. And 2 days in a row, it has fired right up the first time. Yay!

I bought a new fuel pump in case it was that but haven't fitted it yet. Should I fit the new pump or keep the old one?
In the words of Mr Porsche---"if it aint broke, don't fix it".Personally, I would leave "as is" and keep the new pump for any future requirement.

Back