Technical Slight judder when idle

Currently reading:
Technical Slight judder when idle

Dave4677

Hi guys, I have a slight judder on idle, I bought a obd reader off ebay but I could never get it to work with mes I think it is off top of my head been that long can't remember the name lol I give up in the end I'm unsure if it would register anything as there's no ecu light on the dash but when I sit stationary it's a ever slight low shaking but only in idle then it stops and like 10 seconds later it'll come back and so on I've changed sparks and ht leads, rule out cheapest first, I've tried injector cleaner redex and smashed that in the tank helped abit I have a 2006 active sport 1.4i grande thanks in advance I don't really wanna be visiting a mechanic rather do it myself ��

Last edited:
Hi mate, its not a Bluetooth one, it's a elm 32 USB my car just wouldn't register no matter what I messed with :(

Hey there mate, really appreciate that although that isn't it, I'm sitting In the car and say I'm at maccies and I'm in a drive through about to pay you put your car in neutral, the car pulsates but it feels like it's from underneath ive looked at the engine and there's no judder there but the shaking is deffinently there :( it's annoying because I need to drive to Great Yarmouth for a family holiday so need it to be in top condition but in being abit of a stinge not want to pay a mechanic again ��

Dave4677
Do you know how to use MES? have you ever set up the port configuration to work with MES?

You might consider the engine mounts, these won't cause an error, and will give your symptoms .. have they been replaced in the last 3-5 years? I think you have 3 on them on your engine.

Hey there, I'll give it another shot with mes, and try and post pics to determine where I'm going wrong, I'll take a look into engine mounts also many thanks

Hello! I think, I have a similar issue (engine shakes a little in case of idle, no missfire and warning lamp)

Have your failure repaired? Which component died the engine mounts or some other thing?

And, by the way, have somebody tried AlfaOBD? Is it as good as the MES? Is there any forum regarding this alfaodb?

Thanks for the reply in advance!:)

Back