Technical Sliding door adjustment

Currently reading:
Technical Sliding door adjustment

marj19c

Can anyone offer some help with my sliding door adjustment?
I have the height adjusted but the door is to far towards the rear of the vehicle.

When you look at the vehicle the shut gap at the rear end of the sliding door is narrow but the front edge shut gap is wide and therefore the plastic guides do not engage and hold the door in.

Vehicle is a 2015 ducato

Can anyone offer some help with my sliding door adjustment?
I have the height adjusted but the door is to far towards the rear of the vehicle.

When you look at the vehicle the shut gap at the rear end of the sliding door is narrow but the front edge shut gap is wide and therefore the plastic guides do not engage and hold the door in.

Vehicle is a 2015 ducato
Is there something lodged in the runners that is preventing to door going any further forward.
Over the years I have had to repair / align side doors on many Iveco Daily,Fiat Ducato, Citroen Relay and Peugeot Boxer derivatives etc.
So I would check the top and bottom runners are clear of debris and well oiled so they run back and fourth smoothly, generally due to their weight the doors drop , but you have been able to adjust the height.
So basically when you slide the door forward it correctly aligns with the spring loaded plastic guides and trumpet bits centrally so it is pulling inwards to align but something is stopping it going the last bit?
If you gentle slide the door forward can you feel if it is the rear catch or the front end that is causing the problem?
Another issue can be the rear top lock out of line with the pin if so it may jam preventing the front from going the last bit.
Sometimes closing the door from inside you can get a better view of the problem.
If I remember correctly if you slacken the pins in the door that locate in the rear locks they have some adjustment, which may give a small adjustment.
Maybe some photos of open and closed may help another Forum member to further advise.

Back