Sky or Virgin?

Currently reading:
Sky or Virgin?

I switched over from Sky to Virgin yesterday. I have 28 days to change my mind thankfully because right now I HATE Virgin. Aside from a comedy of errors with regard to getting it set up, late arrival, nothing working, all sorts of stuff that wasnt done which I had to chase up and now discovering the wiring they ran across the front of my house is not only hideous but has damaged the render - aside from all that, this TIVO box is a nightmare to navigate - or is it just me?

I cant find any of the stuff I used to enjoy watching on Sky, and when I do find something its there but 'not available'.

The only one who is happy right now is my son who now has BT sports in his bedroom, the rest of it is a big let down.

Anyone else have a preference? I am loving the 60meg Broadband, but thats about all right now.

we have virgin last year before we moved and where we are now doesn't have virgin so had to opt for sky.

Sky by comparison isn't as good even after a year of having sky we both still want virgin back, you can record many more channels on the tivo box, found it easier to use and the broad band was significantly faster and more reliable, give it more of a chance because the TiVo is much better than the sky box

Think yourself lucky that you have a choice - we live in a non-cable area, only real choice is Sky [ignoring Youview and Freeview options] and the BB is non fibre, lucky to get even 4Mb at a push ... Although as a BT Broadband customer, I get BT Sports for free.

Saying that, big meeting next Monday involving the Parish Council, County Council and the main guy from BT so that we can establish when the rest of the cabinets are going to be upgraded.

Compromise reached. I am keeping the phone and fibre optic BB and going back to Sky for the TV. I only really watch Universal and Sky Atlantic and they dont appear to exist on Virgin.

It's quite a subjective opinion, we had Sky a few years ago but have been with VM for the last 2 years. Personally I find Sky easier to use from the get go but after some use you get used to the TiVo box and its various functions. Being able to record 3 things at once is probably the biggest stick.
The reason for the switch in the first place is the no end of issues we had with Sky broadband and them not seeming to care at all. VM customer service has been excellent compared to Sky, when our V+HD box died last year they serviced it and gave us a TiVo box for free so now we have the old box upstairs for no extra cost (y)

Back