General Simon Borrell Rubber Man

Currently reading:
General Simon Borrell Rubber Man

swallow

Hi All - after a recommendation from here I contacted Simon Borrell and was duly supplied with a full set of new rubber seals for my B - new hood seals, tonneau cover seal and also the seal for the windscreen surround/windows.

The latter it turns out is the wrong part as it is quite a bit too wide for the B, I think it may well be the same part but for an Alfa Spider.

Anyway, I've emailed the guy a couple of times and heard nothing back in the last 3 weeks - anyone had any dealings with him lately?

Cheers, Tom

ha- he's just emailed me! Been on holiday. Panic over

I have dealt with him in the past, I needed to modify my tonneau cover seal slightly for a better fit but that can be expected.

Nice chap really, breath of fresh air in the sense he hasn't bought all the stock and try to sell it for inflated prices.

Hi All - after a recommendation from here I contacted Simon Borrell and was duly supplied with a full set of new rubber seals for my B - new hood seals, tonneau cover seal and also the seal for the windscreen surround/windows.

The latter it turns out is the wrong part as it is quite a bit too wide for the B, I think it may well be the same part but for an Alfa Spider.

Anyway, I've emailed the guy a couple of times and heard nothing back in the last 3 weeks - anyone had any dealings with him lately?

Cheers, Tom

So how much did it set you back? How much for all the window rubbers?

200quid for all rubbers - tonneau, six for the roof, windscreen/windows (wrong one unfortunately and he has no more)

200quid for all rubbers - tonneau, six for the roof, windscreen/windows (wrong one unfortunately and he has no more)

So all the ones exept for te windows were just the right for the barchetta?
I'm thinking of ordering a set myself too.
Could you describe the one that didn't fit correctly? So I could leave it out of my order. Please pm me his contact details

Back