Seicento_Shumacher.jpg

Seicento Siecento Schumacher.

Introduction

Well after loads and loads of time looking, travelling and more looking I finally nailed down a Sei Schumacher in original mint condition. As you can see its yellow! I am totally chuffed with it. Looked for all the signs Fingers told me to look for and its perfect bar a scratch on the drivers door (cheers mate (y)).

Not really any plans for it other than to love it and drive it. I will fit genuine FIAT floor mats and I am considering swapping the airbagged steering wheel over to a non airbag racy type of wheel. Just as long as I can do that without any warning lights (need to research this) then I will do that.

I have got the trader to deliver it to me this Saturday as I am not putting it on the road until the beginning of July (tax and insurance to sort etc). I am really happy with it and look forward to zipping around with it in future. :slayer:

Its got a full service history and has done 39,000 miles. The interior is very clean and the spare does not look like it has ever been used.

Seicento_Shumacher.jpg
[/IMG]
Re: Siecento Schumacher

That's a great Schumi Seis.

I'm more and more sad because they weren't sold in Portugal :(

Keep in standart because I'm sure it's a future classic (y)

Bit of an update really. I have had the car for a week now and I am happy with the car overall but I would just like to say that the only negative is the offset pedals and in particular the brake pedal is a bit difficult to use and I have to concentrate to ensure I press it correctly. Another minor gripe is I cannot get the seat to go back far enough for my liking. There is nothing wrong it is sliding fine its just a few inches too close for me (I am 6ft).

But overall happy with it and having it in bright yellow certainly turns heads. (y)

Thanks for all the good comments, I gave the Sie a good clean today inside and out and I am really pleased with the results. I also decided to have a look at the handbrake as it was a little to high to pull up, turned out to be a seized linkage. Stripped it down and sorted no trouble, works perfect now.

Sei_Schu_Interior.jpg

sei9.jpg

Originally I was planning to keep it 100% standard but the exhaust tip is really rusty but the rest of the exhaust is perfectly good which has got me thinking about swapping the back box. I have had a good search through the old/recent threads and there are some really nice looking back boxes out there.

Mine looks like a pea shooter so I am considering swapping to a nice 2.5 or 3" back box, preferably not loud but a nice subtle burble. I literally work next door to the place that is Fast Fiat (Tuning.co.uk) in Lichfield Staffs so I am tempted to pop round and see what they have in stock.

What do you guys recon, should I mod it or not?

Hi mate. your sei-schu looks really nice! Shame i'm stuck with only a sporting lol

i reckon if you want to keep it as standard as possible but wanting a nice backbox then maybe the supersprint one will be the best choice. (y)

If you are thinking of buying a seicento it is worth a second thought if you are 18 stone ,6 foot 6 and have size ten boots if so do not bother , pedals are very close together i am size 7 and about 5 foot 10 and i feel as snug as a bug in my yellow shuie also with a lot of pics of shuie interiors you always or nearly always see a shiney steering wheel and gear knob, not a good sign not the case with mine probably because it has only just done over 19000 miles my interior is like new spotless goes without saying about the rest of the car also i have gave it the personal touch by adding abarth sheilds to the wings and tailgate, looks the bees knees hope to have pics out soon regards marino bottali. ps hope you have as much fun driving your shuie as i do i can,t stop smiling.

If you are thinking of buying a seicento it is worth a second thought if you are 18 stone ,6 foot 6 and have size ten boots if so do not bother.QUOTE]

I would agree to a certain extent, I am 6ft with size 10 feet and I am struggling with my Schumacher if I am to be honest. I love its character but I just cannot get the seat far back enough and find the pedals are offset enough to make long journeys tiring (i.e journeys over 10 miles).

Although I love the car I may swap it soon and go for something like a Panda.

NO!!! it can't be that bad, i'm 5'11" and have size 11 feet, never had a problem, even with big skate trainers on..

LOL its not that bad but its not good either. Just driving home tonight from work I had to do a rapid slow down (my poor timing over taking a cyclist) and hit the throttle and brake together, just a sign I am still not comfortable with the pedal controls.

Its not instinctive positioning thats all.

i used to hit the throttle pedal a bit when i go for the brakes when i needed to slow down quick. All is good now though. have gotten used to the pedal positions now.

Back