Show and Shine

Currently reading:
Show and Shine

nice and shiney, how long will it last driving out to Alford tho.... lol

half decent road tax too!

Tempted to put up a pic of the cinq in it's current state in the garage just to horrify some clean freaks :D it's not red any more, it's brown and grey and is best served as a memory board as you can write in the dirt

The joys of sanding in confined areas

dustmasks aplenty :laugh:

Thats not bad mark.... my cav is supposed to be red, but passenger side is green.....

Stuart said:
Thats not bad mark.... my cav is supposed to be red, but passenger side is green.....

And considering where it's stored it won't be long before the drivers side is green too

Mrcento said:
It's a project car rule, they need to have some different colors on the bodywork until they are complete ;)

Oi! We have enough of a challenge with Yellow without you introducing new rules to scupper things further.

Mind you it's also stored in the shed...

Oh ****!

Yellow and green are closer than red and green.... it should be ok haha

It's yellow and stoor at the moment - could probably use it as a memo board too. May as well considering FiaSco's currently being used as a blackboard to play noughts and crosses...

Well! Cleaned the Panda yesterday but ran into a spot of bother.

Washed the car and was making a start on the inside. The vac I'm using at the house is an old upright Dyson. Sat it on a mat, next to the car and started vac'ing. Pulled the house and ultimately dragged the hoover up against the drivers door. Which, of course, rubbed the already thin paint a nice scuffy grey. Oops.

A bit of tcut later and I think the worst of it is gone. Certainly didn't appear as noticable today, which is nice.

Oddly, the clean state of the Panda was comented on in Edinburgh today...changed days indeed!

Folks, I bring you the rarely spotted shiny red punto. make the most of it because it won't last

20141012_152802.jpg

And no I didn't wash it myself :laugh:

mr bump said:
Nice mate what did you use

The first and last pictures was a full 8 hour day lol, 3 stage machine polish using 3m products, auto Glym clay, auto smart tar and adhesive remover, quick jet wash with tfr, then used autoglym radiant wax polish (3 coats) then auto Glym hi def wax and then ape detail spray.. Long day but worth it

The other 2 are just quick washes with tfr, clay and polish using auto smart stuff can't mind the name lol.

Well worth putting effort into it

Ok long day but worth it ,I have always fancied doing a machine polish but don't have the b#lls to do it is it easy or do I get someone professional to do it cheers for the friends request mate

mr bump said:
Ok long day but worth it ,I have always fancied doing a machine polish but don't have the b#lls to do it is it easy or do I get someone professional to do it cheers for the friends request mate

No bother mate! Good to know people near by lol, and I was a Valeter and was trained by auto Glym, but the first one I done was on my car, my car Noones going to complain lol, then moved onto a few of my mates cars like the black cupra that's in ghead, but if you've got the patience and prepared to make a mess then yeah I'd give it a go

Nice beading.

The only time I've had anything like that on my car is when Venters has had his hands on it. I consider it a success if I manage to wash the car and only miss a few bits :laugh:

Back