Show and Shine

Currently reading:
Show and Shine

I imagine Venters will have popped a decent wax on when he cleaned it. Worth investing in a spray detailer that you can spray on and wipe of after each wash. It will help maintain the radiant colour and help prevent the tar/flies/grime sticking too much. My current favourite is Auto Finesse Finale, £10 for 500ml which will last a good year or so.

I'm sure he did apply wax (or his friend did) but I was too busy chatting to neeny and not paying too much attention to what they were doing with the car. Certainly tonight when we were doing the usual car look-overs there were no obvious tar spots on mine just mud. I'd rather keep it that way though than have to deal it later so will look into that spray detailer stuff, cheers :)

Lol just for knowledges sake. This year the car got a coat of carchems old English oak. A natural soft wax, maybe not quite as long lasting as a synthetic wax or sealant but definately the best option for a show, aand should still give a few month of protection and decent beading.

And it did very nicely at the time.

best I don't post any images of the car at present though as this thread is labelled show and shine and the punto is more show and muck [attachment=1:30zez7tr]redface.gif[/attachment:30zez7tr]

It's a christmas miracle

20131221_114514.jpg

How'd that happen...

Almost. My usual winter spec tends to have more mud to finish off the industrial look.

I remember why I don't usually wash it though as the amount of tar on the paint work is depressing. Luckily there's some tar & bug removal stuff in the shed so I may make use of it next weekend if there's time

Probably missing a nuance here but does this mean you've been running on winters all summer?

Plus with 2+ cars just how many wheels do you have?

Ooohh! possible weekly poll idea plus excuse for pictures....

Well my Speedlines are my winters , and my Sei abarth wheels are for "summer" use just need to get some rubber on them , and my deltas and for track days , , and my spare Sei abarth rims are just sitting there looking pritty :p , Also got a few sets in my garage what are matts , but i can fit on mine :)

just to weigh in, looooooonng overdue, finally got done this eve after work :)

IMAG0726_zps3ec17aeb.jpg

well i suppose i had better give the new runabout a once a year clean so cleaned and waxed up for the next year(or 3 months ill probably own it lol)
and a pic with a new camera instead of a phone lol

GEDC0804_zps01b3488d.jpg

next ones are phone pics
and doing some much needed engine walkover to see how it runs

20131228_154813_zps0ad17236.jpg

then finding out why i have no power from the turbo lol
and to source where the oils is from but shouldnt take to long :)

20131228_154757_zps1bc4b355.jpg

20131228_154751_zps51fa67fd.jpg

abyss113 said:
well i suppose i had better give the new runabout a once a year clean so cleaned and waxed up for the next year(or 3 months ill probably own it lol)
and a pic with a new camera instead of a phone lol

GEDC0804_zps01b3488d.jpg

next ones are phone pics
and doing some much needed engine walkover to see how it runs

20131228_154813_zps0ad17236.jpg

then finding out why i have no power from the turbo lol
and to source where the oils is from but shouldnt take to long :)

20131228_154757_zps1bc4b355.jpg

20131228_154751_zps51fa67fd.jpg

That just needs some of my Mondeo turbo intercooler hose treatmemt.... In other words turning a 0.5kg pipe into one that weights 4kg after it has been sealed with many layers of epoxy putty, metal, cable ties, jubile clips, bin liners, tin foil, and more cable ties and jubilees to lash it all together.

It was by far the strongest thing on the mondeo when i'd finished with it :laugh:

Back