Technical Shock Absorbers - your advice guys...

Currently reading:
Technical Shock Absorbers - your advice guys...

The shocks you need depend on the width of the control arm and gap between the 2 bottom mounting bolts on the shocks. I believe the lower power cars are 58mm and the higher power use 74mm stilo gear. The bolt sizes are also different.

If it is the 58mm size I have a pair of unused bilstein b8s for sale. If it is the 74mm I can help with the koni part number - I got the konis from demon tweeks.

HI Fergie,

Thanks for the feedback and comments:

I have the T-Jet SPort 150Hp so i guess i have the 78mm shock tubes?

Please could you supply me with the Koni part numbers - i am going to the Koni supplier here in SOuth Africa hopefully tomorrow to see what he can do for my car.

Apparently the Opel Corsa has similar shocks in front:confused: i however shall give you guys feedback shortly!!!

Thanks for all the input
(y):cool:

HI guys,

just some feedback regarding the KONI shocks:
- Unfortunately the Koni's that fits the Corsa will not fir the Bravo ( front struts) as the 2 mounting bolts to the hum is not the same ( Bravo bolts are offset)

So im back to square one i.e.:

- Bilsteins B6/B8 ( Expensive )
- Or OEM Monroes...:confused:

Any comments welcome!!

Cheers
:cool:

Still waiting for Bilstein South Africa to come back to me with a price.

Seems it might be 6-8 weeks before they will be able to supply - IF they can get it into South Africa!!!:bang:

Rather frustrating i must say....

Cheers and safe driving

Still waiting for Bilstein South Africa to come back to me with a price.

Seems it might be 6-8 weeks before they will be able to supply - IF they can get it into South Africa!!!:bang:

Rather frustrating i must say....

Cheers and safe driving

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/perfo...ble-sport-shock-absorber-top-adjustable-front

I don't believe Bilstein will ever produce the correct shocks again. The Konis are a straight fit, but need to be ordered for the stilo. If you look at an old Bilstein parts list you will see the Stilo 2.4 and Bravo 150 have the same front shocks.

I have just changed my 100HP Panda for KYB's and they seem completely fine with noticeable improvement in braking stability. I have a Bravo and would not hesitate to fit KYB on performance grounds. We will have to see how they last before passing final judgement
Regards
peter3

Back