Technical Service light reset - 2017 Fiat 500

Currently reading:
Technical Service light reset - 2017 Fiat 500

Drozich

Hi,

Is there a way to manually reset the service light on a 2017 Fiat 500S. It has the TFT display.

Thank you.
Stevie

Unlikely

Which service light?

More importantly.. what engine..??

They may well be a lot of background setting that need 'zero'ing..

So you then need to know what has..or hasnt been 'Serviced'

Ive got a 69bhp 1242cc on a 68 plate,and the software :)

Unlikely

Which service light?

Hi there, thanks for your response.

The car was serviced by the garage we bought it from but they obviously didn't reset the service light. There is a little orange spanner icon on the TFT screen. When I checked, it says service due in 2100 miles and 0 days.

The car had the engine oil and filter replaced, the cambelt and water pump, air filter and spark plugs.

I found on Google that you can reset by pressing the throttle pedal three times with the ignition on but I wanted if that was correct?

Stevie

Unlikely

Which service light?

It's a 69bhp 1.2 engine on a 17 plate.

No problem :)

Ideally you would take it back to them.. as you have essentially Paid for the service.. and its incomplete..

But its not unusual to have garages not doing the resets correctly..
often because they dony have the kit..or knowledge (n)

Due to the inconvenience.. its probably worth trying that 'routine' to clear the warning about service due

Or.. alternately have a look if anybody near you has the MultiECUScan software to do it as a garage would

There is a list on here

Charlie - near the M4

No problem :)

Ideally you would take it back to them.. as you have essentially Paid for the service.. and its incomplete..

But its not unusual to have garages not doing the resets correctly..
often because they dony have the kit..or knowledge (n)

Due to the inconvenience.. its probably worth trying that 'routine' to clear the warning about service due

Or.. alternately have a look if anybody near you has the MultiECUScan software to do it as a garage would

There is a list on here

Charlie - near the M4
Thanks again. I will give the reset routine a go and see what happens. ALternatively I will have to get it reset somewhere locally.

Stevie

Thanks again. I will give the reset routine a go and see what happens. ALternatively I will have to get it reset somewhere locally.

Stevie
If it’s anything like my Jeep (not saying it is; my fiat doesn’t have any service reminder as I think someone permanently turned it off 🤷🏻‍♀️).

Get into car and close door. Turn ignition to on/acc (do not start engine), slowly press accelerator all the way to the floor three to five times (until the car goes “ding”) and turn key off. Start car as normal and it should have reset.

Cheers for the response guys.

I have tried the accelerator pedal thing a couple of times without any luck. I will give it another go later.

Back