Server 2003 problem/DHCP

Currently reading:
Server 2003 problem/DHCP

BenGP

The problem I have at the minute is that I have reserved IP addresses for everthing on the network (about 20 addresses) most of the nodes on the network work fine, all with the correct IP addresses, gateways, and DNS, these are all set to automatic on the client pc. Some of them however needed to be put into it manually (matching the reservations of course) on the client side. othewise i get a random IP address assigned a 169.blah blah, which isnt even in my DHCP range!??! and llimited connectivity triangle! I have recently installed ISA to block certain IPs at certain times (causing an xbox NAT problem currently, but thats another story for another day...) wondered if it could have been ISA causing the problems? is there a way I can have all nodes getting IP addresses automatically, to their specified reservation?

Thanks

169.x.x.x is an auto assigned private ip which happens when the machine can't find a dhcp server and isn't manually set an ip. I'd start by checking that the machines can "see" the server. Give the machines an IP within the subnet and try pinging the server to check their is connectivity.

Thanks Mate,

All sorted now, was the ISA 2004 that hadnt got a rule set to let DHCP traffic through the network. Set up a new array and all sorted.

Anyone know why the Xbox has a NAT setting issue, I know all three are not directly compatible as Microsoft doesnt take into account the home user.... but just wondered if there was a work around? Also how the hell do you get TVersity to get out from the server??? lol

Cheers

Back