Technical Selespeed issue wrong oil HELP!

Currently reading:
Technical Selespeed issue wrong oil HELP!

davofiat41

So to cut a long story short I put the wrong oil in
So I need to drain my ? I'd how do I go about draining the tank as I see no possible way!?

A neighbour filled the Brake Fluid with ScreenWash... syringed out and Filled with brake fluid went ok
In these situations, it's a good idea not to turn on the ignition before dealing with this and flushing the system; doing so causes the ABS modulator to cycle and that's the last place you want to get any contamination.

Fortunately brake fluid will mix completely with water. Providing you bleed the system thoroughly afterwards, the corrosion inhibitors in the brake fluid should take care of any residual moisture.

It could have been worse; I once heard about someone who had topped up the brake fluid reservoir with ATF.

If caught in time, you might be able to back flush brake fluid by pumping it into nearest brake - if you have suitable kit for the job. Otherwise you'd be doing at least three full bleeds of the whole braking system. Not good at all.

Was the unit failing before the oil accident.?

Is it still doing the same thing?

Did it need oil because it's leaking?
No it was all good before
Yes hard to get into gear or poping into neutral at low speeds
It was kinda low but no signs of leakage my stupidity decided to put 75/90 oil in instead
2 weeks later I realised the mistake by then the problems developed
So I drained the tank put CS oil in but the problem continues I'm guessing the gear oil as caused damage

Post 11

Post 11

Thanks I see so it's basically still got fluid in there and will need hooking up to diagnostics to flush it that sound about right!

2 weeks later I realised the mistake by then the problems developed
So I drained the tank put CS oil in but the problem continues I'm guessing the gear oil as caused damage
Sadly I suspect you may be right. The seals may have been permanently damaged by two weeks of immersion in the wrong type of fluid. Gear oil and rubber do not mix.

In your position, I'd certainly try using diagnostics to flush the system. I'd be keeping my fingers & toes crossed, and I'll do the same for you.

If flushing the system doesn't work, there are a small number of folks out there who advertise a service to rebuild these units with new seals. This is one such, though I've no experience of this particular seller.

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Sadly I suspect you may be right. The seals may have been permanently damaged by two weeks of immersion in the wrong type of fluid. Gear oil and rubber do not mix.

In your position, I'd certainly try using diagnostics to flush the system. I'd be keeping my fingers & toes crossed, and I'll do the same for you.

If flushing the system doesn't work, there are a small number of folks out there who advertise a service to rebuild these units with new seals. This is one such, though I've no experience of this particular seller.
What do I need to hook it up new to all this

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back