General Seicento Sporting general thoughts

Currently reading:
General Seicento Sporting general thoughts

he hasnt got a sei only interesting in purchasing one

That's right,but after reading your posts I'm more closer to purchase a Sei especially if I find a well preserved Sporting Abarth, which is not easy in my city. I could find Bravos planty as I wish,but good Sei Sporting are very rare and very expensive!

If I understood you right Ford -Focus,Fiesta have better defrosting air heating?

in theory yes - they have a system called 'quickclear' which is available on majority of the newer models, its meant to defrost or clear the screen quicker, it does work however it isnt a world beating system

How about a Cinq Sporting? Cheaper than a Sei, more fun to drive, etc.

No idea of availability in Serbia, though!

I don't know Cinq Sporting is also cool,but too dicey for my taste.And in Serbia on 1 Cinq goes 10 Seicentos.I didn't even see any Cinq Sporting in ads lately.One more reason in Serbia are mostly imported euro3 cars from EU,especially from Italy and that's why Cinqs are very rare.

Fingers99 I've noticed that you pretty much fancy Cinq than Sei,why?
IMO Sei has much better looking form and interior.

Fingers99 I've noticed that you pretty much fancy Cinq than Sei,why?
IMO Sei has much better looking form and interior.

I am very old. ;)

In most ways the Sei is a Cinq, indeed, the real differences between the late Cinqs and early Seis are few. The Cinq is, I think, a bit nicer to drive -- I've never worked out why. I'd agree that the Sei is a little more comfortable, but I actually prefer the interior of the late Cinq (I like the Sei type stalks) -- proper guages laid out properly and so on.

My daily driver at the moment is an MPI Sei, lowered a little, uprated brakes, bigger wheels,

Hi guys,

Finally I have found some decent Sei Sporting (yellow with Abarth badge) 2001.

But I have some questions about it that I would like to answer me:

1.Is there any yellow sporting Sei with metallic paint?

2.This one has air conditioning,Body coloured bumpers,Central locking,Front electric windows,Manual sunroof,Alloy wheels,Sport seats...

But it doesnt have ABS,electric mirrors, and board computer (Current fuel consumption,average consumption and etc)!!!

I found somewhere that ABS goes with Michael Schumacher edition.

So I wonder was any Sei Sporting produced with board computer?

3.And there isn't divided rear bench?

Last edited:
Yeah, I know what is MPI, I asked for MPG?

What ever,I am almost sure that no Sei has dashboard computer (trip computer).

:yeahthat: with this cars original intention being a city car fiat probably thought it didnt need a trip computer. simplicity was the key for this car. p.s MPI was phased in. in 2000

Ah, I thought it was around the same time we moved to the CO2/KM tax system.

For reference my Cinq Sporting does (or did, at least) 41.5mpg in light-ish city traffic. I haven't checked in a while.

There is a trip computer, but it only like a traditional system, i.e. you reset it at 0 when you fill your tank, do you mileage and then reset it once the tank is empty

The system doesnt work out the average MPG for you like on some other cars

You will have to use your head or a calculator for that

There is no sei produced with a technical on board computer system like you have asked about, not in the UK anyway, i probably doubt in europe as well

If you believed there was you have been misinformed

There was never no electric mirrors either or yellow metallic paint

ABS was found on the schumacher models, but it was an option on other cars

It isnt a very good ABS system and people believe a standard brake setup does the job just as well as the ABS cars

The rear seats should be divided though, maybe it has had an interior replaced at some point? Post a pic of rear seats if possible

Last edited:
Thank you Apple Sei for you exhaustive explanations.

Here are images of front and rear seats of that yellow Sei Sport:

(Rear seat doesn't have even head rests)

Front: http://img339.imageshack.us/i/frontseatz.jpg/

Rear: http://img717.imageshack.us/i/rearseat.jpg/
rearseat.jpg
rearseat.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry for going a wee bit ot.

How do you put the seats down in a Sei with rear headrests?

Do they flip down or do you have to pull them out?

Plenty of room in the boot for them by then, I suppose :p

Rear headrests pull out, there is a catch on the base to release them

As for the pictures, that looks the correct interior, but you are correct in that it doesnt appear to divide up

All i can suggest is because yours is a european car the specification may be slightly different to the UK models - if there are no holes where the rear headrests should be then this may back up the theory of a slighly altered specification

We dont get air con on UK sportings (an option that was very rarely taken up) whereas european cars do get air con - another example of the small differences

It may also be an interior from an S which is the base model, that interior is very similar to a sporting one but no rear headrests are fitted, so this car couldve had an interior change at some point in its life and has been reverted back to a standard interior except a lower model interior

Last edited:
I was thinking about it also,that original seats were in so bad condition that seller pull them out and reverted back seats from standard base model.Or even worse that this car was cargo VAN and seller just put sporting and abarth badges and finally put back rear seats???
You know car dealers are capable of all sort of scams!!!

P.S. But trunk tailgate is opened by switch from cabin.

Last edited:
Back