Technical Seicento SPI cold start problem

Currently reading:
Technical Seicento SPI cold start problem

Hello, I have a 1999 Seicento Sporting Spi and i have a problem where when i leave the car for few days untouched, it doesnt want to start.
It's cranking until i let it go. I can see fuel in the tb, i believe it doesnt give spark to ignite.
To begin, i have changed spark plugs, coil packs, plug leads, injector, fuel pump, new alternator, fuel filter, map sensor, icv, tps and cankshaft position sensor.
The problem persists so i ordered vag kkl cable and plugged in my computer.
No error, run all tests and the iawscan2 said a generic relay failed.
I think this is causing the cold start.
Please, if you have any ideas i'm more than happy to try.

Attachments

• IMG_1703.jpeg
    IMG_1703.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 127
Hello, I have a 1999 Seicento Sporting Spi and i have a problem where when i leave the car for few days untouched, it doesnt want to start.
It's cranking until i let it go. I can see fuel in the tb, i believe it doesnt give spark to ignite.
To begin, i have changed spark plugs, coil packs, plug leads, injector, fuel pump, new alternator, fuel filter, map sensor, icv, tps and cankshaft position sensor.
The problem persists so i ordered vag kkl cable and plugged in my computer.
No error, run all tests and the iawscan2 said a generic relay failed.
I think this is causing the cold start.
Please, if you have any ideas i'm more than happy to try.
The generic relay test is also failing in my seicento sporting. I believe that is just a problem with the iawscan.

Right so it’s no problem. Then what is causing my cold starting problem?
I’ve really run out of ideas.
When it runs, are everything all right; New icv may need resetting. I believe you can do that through the Adjustments tab of iawscan2. I have also attached a photo of the iawscan parameters screen of my 99 seicento to compare normal working values.
20220719_183703.jpg

Have you checked to see if you are getting a spark when cold?

Will it not start at all or just struggle?

Does opening the throttle a bit help or make it worse (assuming it does start eventually)?

so my values are around the same as the ones you attached when the car starts.
It's before it starts that something is happening.
I can't seem to find how you reset icv. Both when ignition on and the car running the adjustment tab have everything on int. failed.
If you can guide me through this it would be very helpful.
When it runs, are everything all right; New icv may need resetting. I believe you can do that through the Adjustments tab of iawscan2. I have also attached a photo of the iawscan parameters screen of my 99 seicento to compare normal working values.View attachment 419772

Have you checked to see if you are getting a spark when cold?

Will it not start at all or just struggle?

Does opening the throttle a bit help or make it worse (assuming it does start eventually)?
Ok, so the electrician i went said that there is power to the cables before the injector but from some reason the injector doesnt start.
When the car starts the injector is fully working properly.
Just a reminder, i have replaced the injector and the problem was still there. Tried my old injector again the problem persists.
A note, the car struggles more and more to start when cold as the time passes by.
It's at the point that it will not start at all.
Opening the tb doesn't help. It's the same or maybe even worse.

The injector is usually powered and then the ECU would sink to ground to open it. So this initial readings sound normal.

Has the injector pulses been checked with an oscilloscope or similar? You won't really see it with a normal meter.

If you aren't getting the injector firing, then it's most likely the crank sensor or a bad ground connection.
Could also be something like the ECU, but that is less likely.

Back