Technical Seicento alternator

Currently reading:
Technical Seicento alternator

sedgy

Hi All

Reasonably new here and already used this forum to great effect for a clutch cable and now have quick release dashboard in 2 parts, THANKS! however now it is the turn of the alternator, output V same as battery :(

I have read the method; jack, remove plastic on driver side, get access to alternator, but was wondering if drive on ramps alone would work, or be better? easy access to terminal from down here :)

Secondly any suggestions on where to get alternators from?

happy christmas

derek

Hi All

Reasonably new here and already used this forum to great effect for a clutch cable and now have quick release dashboard in 2 parts, THANKS! however now it is the turn of the alternator, output V same as battery :(

I have read the method; jack, remove plastic on driver side, get access to alternator, but was wondering if drive on ramps alone would work, or be better? easy access to terminal from down here :)

Secondly any suggestions on where to get alternators from?

happy christmas

derek

Hi.
Quite likely you have just worn out the brushes..

Bolt on part :)

And less than £10 ;)

You really need the wheel off to access it, so drive on ramps won't gain you much.

As above, you can purchase all the parts reasonably easily to rebuild yourself at a fraction of the cost.

If that is beyond your skill set, then ebay is generally as good as anywhere. Expect to pay around £80-£100 for a refurb unit. Look around and they can be had for a bit less. Used units are usually worth about £20.
Just to give you an idea, you can fully refurb one of these alternators for around £40 for the parts

Last edited:
Hi.
Quite likely you have just worn out the brushes..

Bolt on part :)

And less than £10 ;)
sounds perfect, have changed brushes on a washing motor but ... these reachable without taking alternator off?

d

You could probably struggle and do them in place. It's a simple alternator to remove so I would just take it out and do it.

Give it a go though, you may be able to do it ok

You could probably struggle and do them in place. It's a simple alternator to remove so I would just take it out and do it.

Give it a go though, you may be able to do it ok
thanks, new year project time :)

Back