Technical Seicento Sporting SPI 1.1 Alternator Replacement (0.9 vs 1.1 alternator?)

Currently reading:
Technical Seicento Sporting SPI 1.1 Alternator Replacement (0.9 vs 1.1 alternator?)

gucci ligma

Hi, new owner of a (very sheddy) Seicento Sporting here!

While driving it home the other day (right after purchase) the "battery" light came on. Measuring the battery with a multimeter while the car is off shows 12.5V, while running around 12.39V. Guessing the alternator kicked the bucket, bummer.

How is swapping it? Found a few helpful threads on the forum.

Does a 900 (0.9L) alternator work with the car, I've found they're much cheaper than 1.1 ones.

Another option is rebuilding the alternator with a kit from Poland, any thoughts on that? Here is the kit https://allegro.pl/oferta/zna10023-zestaw-naprawczy-alternatora-zestaw-23-10872273038 but I'm not sure if it fits the 1.1 model.

Thank you :)

Last edited:
I installed a 900 alternator on a 1100 recently. They do fit but only have 2 mounting holes instead of the 3 on the mpi. So its not as strong I guess.

Obviously it needs to have the later type wider 5pk pulley

I installed a 900 alternator on a 1100 recently. They do fit but only have 2 mounting holes instead of the 3 on the mpi. So its not as strong I guess.

Obviously it needs to have the later type wider 5pk pulley
Hi, I ordered the 1100 alternator from Poland, should be here in a few days. Will swap it and update :)

Back