Technical Alternator Replacement

Currently reading:
Technical Alternator Replacement

Evening all, I live in Italy and have a 2005 Seicento 1.1 Alternator not charging so looking for a replacement. Mine is a 70 amp. Ebay.IT has 90 amp available but 2 different part no's.

Q1, Is a 90 amp interchangeable with a 70 amp without any modification.
Q2, What's the difference between a 46843093 DENSO 90A and a 51859049 DENSO 90A.

I just need to know if either of these will be suitable or do I have to find a 70A.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Evening all, I live in Italy and have a 2005 Seicento 1.1 Alternator not charging so looking for a replacement. Mine is a 70 amp. Ebay.IT has 90 amp available but 2 different part no's.

Q1, Is a 90 amp interchangeable with a 70 amp without any modification.
Q2, What's the difference between a 46843093 DENSO 90A and a 51859049 DENSO 90A.

I just need to know if either of these will be suitable or do I have to find a 70A.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Hi
I cant answer your question but would guess a 90amp would just charge things quicker. But its a Guess!!!!
here is a link to a 70amp on ebay,it

https://www.ebay.it/itm/22445090115...ejrS+PQOhWCqqAi8Oyu6FN5YA=|tkp:Bk9SR6zxyd64Yw
Chris

Hi Chris thanks for the link. Regarding my question about the 2 different 90amp. The 46843093 is in fact a 70amp. The item I looked at states 90amp on the listing but label on item shows 70amp hence the confusion. 🙃

Mr google says you can upgrade alternator power if you drain a lot of power (boy racer with sub woofers ect). Only things to pay attention to are if cables need to be upgraded (think you should be of from 70 to 90) and that the mounting points are the same so just look at photos before buying but same engine should be same mounting anyway
Chris

Mr google says you can upgrade alternator power if you drain a lot of power (boy racer with sub woofers ect). Only things to pay attention to are if cables need to be upgraded (think you should be of from 70 to 90) and that the mounting points are the same so just look at photos before buying but same engine should be same mounting anyway
Chris
Thanks for advice Chris. I have ordered a 70amp so no problem🙂

Back