Off Topic Seicento Abarth 1368cc 16v SOLD.

Currently reading:
Off Topic Seicento Abarth 1368cc 16v SOLD.

After 3wks on Auto Trader had a very pleasant man come over from Norfolk to view & test drive the car & promptly left a deposit on it.

The new owner is not a forum visitor so unlikely to hear of it on here again in the future, but know it's going to a good home with a mature new owner who had never even heard of engine conversions before on Seicentos even though between himself, wife & daughter have owned 2 sportings and a Schumi before.

Will be sad to see it go, but fact it's only done 60miles since it's MOT in May shows how little it was used.

& even with minus 6 on the thermometer it started without much effort having not been turned over in 5 wks.

One word of caution though, after submitting my advert on Auto Trader I did receive a high number of bogus emails trying to scam buy the car, sometimes as many as 3 per day, then none for a few days. Was amusing at first laughing at the very poor grammar & spelling to the ridiculous names they made up for the prospective buyers! Though did get annoying by the end.

Last edited:
Track Cinq complete, fitted some TRS tow straps front & rear few wks ago before going to Rockingham for a track day organised by Rockingham cars for Abarth & Mazda.

It was great round Rockingham, it was the international long circuit we used which was over 2.5 miles long & had surprisingly many elevation changes infield which you don't expect.

*double takes* It was for sale? I would have been seriously tempted, common sense (insurance cost, etc) would have gone out of the window.

When browsing Auto Trader it's annoying to find an advert that's been 'reused' after the original car has sold, especially if you're browsing for a particular model (eg a Punto and find Micras and Peroduas). They should have a 'report this advert' link but I suppose that would annoy the traders and they'd make less money.

After 3wks on Auto Trader had a very pleasant man come over from Norfolk to view & test drive the car & promptly left a deposit on it.

The new owner is not a forum visitor so unlikely to hear of it on here again in the future, but know it's going to a good home with a mature new owner who had never even heard of engine conversions before on Seicentos even though between himself, wife & daughter have owned 2 sportings and a Schumi before.

Will be sad to see it go, but fact it's only done 60miles since it's MOT in May shows how little it was used.

& even with minus 6 on the thermometer it started without much effort having not been turned over in 5 wks.

One word of caution though, after submitting my advert on Auto Trader I did receive a high number of bogus emails trying to scam buy the car, sometimes as many as 3 per day, then none for a few days. Was amusing at first laughing at the very poor grammar & spelling to the ridiculous names they made up for the prospective buyers! Though did get annoying by the end.

so the new owner is happy...this is the most important thing!
Well done my friend! :)

Track Cinq complete, fitted some TRS tow straps front & rear few wks ago before going to Rockingham for a track day organised by Rockingham cars for Abarth & Mazda.

It was great round Rockingham, it was the international long circuit we used which was over 2.5 miles long & had surprisingly many elevation changes infield which you don't expect.

now go for it, for the cinq track spec project!!! ;)

0-60 time is irrelevent really, how many times do we go from 0-60?

30-70 is probably a better figure to be aware of and the torque figures

Back