Tuning Seicento 1.1

Currently reading:
Tuning Seicento 1.1

VTS has hydraulic tappets, they may still need the preload set, and VTR has manual tappets that will need set when the cam is changed.

Shimming is just a different way of adjusting tappets.

To get the best from any engine correctly setting up all the parameters will give every last bit of advantage.

Its all to easy to fit a part and tell yourself its going better without any scientific backup.

Cheers

D

By "Set" do you mean setting up of? Basically adjusting the tappets?

What is involved in shimming a cam exactly on the Seicento? I thought it meant to cut/alter it but i guess i am barking up the wrong tree :mad:

basically you get a load of shims of different sizes and by a bit of trial and error and a bit of skill you space the tappet with the shim until the valve clearences are correct

basically you get a load of shims of different sizes and by a bit of trial and error and a bit of skill you space the tappet with the shim until the valve clearences are correct

tbh it seems a little beyond me, the only things i have really done are basic DIY things like:

Exhausts, manifolds etc
Changed throttle bodies and inlet manifolds
Fitted induction kits
Changed a few carbs on Minis
Fitted seats and CD players and subs etc

Will a local garage be able to shim a punto cam for me?

yes they will but they might charge you a fair bit

The guys in my garage are more like mates tbh Dads been using them for years and i used to help out there in the summer so they mightent charge me too much hopefully lol

So.....

> Punto cam
> Supersprint manifold
> Sportex catback
> Induction kit
> mckcritch chip

What figure am i looking at? I know it's difficult to say without putting it on a dyno but hopefully over 60bhp?

Last edited:
your best off getting a punto 75 engine and rebuild it while rebuilding it port the head etc

better off moding an engine with more poke to start with Ash

but never forget the most important part of this all....correct insurance

Ash

Thanks for all the help everyone, just going to start off by doing exhaust and induction kit and see where i go from there :)

Back