General SEI seats in a CINQ

Currently reading:
General SEI seats in a CINQ

vandisian

can anyone tell me if the back seats out of a sei are the same size as a cinq. Just saw a mint interior written of sei in breakers, where as my seats are a bit tatty.

custard

not quite.only thing you need to be aware of is the split fold rear.make sure you get the bracket for holding the rear base as the cinq doesnt have it.
do a search as its been covered before with pics to guide the bracket in question

custard

its no biggie,just a little bracket.apart from that its a straight fit.if there not split fold then no issues

Jamieboy

Yup, done this in mine (Sei sourced). Doing the seat swap is a great mod - totally worthwhile! Custom fabbed a locking bracket and I needed to make the 'loop' parts stick into the car about another 3/4" so it would catch. for the pivot bracket, where the split in the seats meet, the threaded inserts are already part of the car; you just need to dig out the little plastic cover/plug thingy. Managed to get blue seats to co-ordinate with the paint colour.

I did my door cards too. Got grey ones from a Cinq Sporting and modded them to accept the window winder. Interestingly, the centre material of the card already has the aperture for the winder shaft; only the material covers it. Those with a Sporting, give it a prod - you'll see!

If you are doing the door cards too in a manual winder car, make sure you seal the edge of the material where you cut for the winder to pass thru, otherwise you will get a running tear (I know yours is an SX, V, so this wont apply :p ). You can cauterise it with a medium-hot soldering iron as it heats up (watch the fumes - do it with the door open and make sure it cools before it touched anything) or, for the laydees (or gents on the weekend) use clear nail varnish. DON'T use a lighter or other naked (or clothed) flame - that’s just asking for a write-off.

Look at the state of my stock interior - Ming factor: 9.95

Cost of whole interior: £60

J

Attachments

• 2 - old backs out.JPG
    2 - old backs out.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 3 - new backs out.JPG
    3 - new backs out.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 1 - olds in far.JPG
    1 - olds in far.JPG